SHOCK AFTER CARAVAN SERVICE

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
took the van to be serviced on friday,glossop caravans(300 mile round trip),got a shock from the service engineer when i went to pick the van up.he told me that the rear panel of the van would have to be replaced as it had stress fractures,had heard of avondale caravans having problems of this nature but thought it was confined to 2 particular models and that the osprey was not affected.had checked on several occasions myself just to see if there was any problems but could not see anything.when he pointed out to me where it was,unless you know exactly what you are looking for you would have difficulty in seeing the problem.i would never have seen it,as the lines are very very fine and hardly noticable.luckily the van is only 2 years old and is to be done under warranty.the showewr cubicle doors on avondale vans are also a problem,lots of people have had problems with the doors warping and not closing properly,had mine replaced at last service,now these ones too are warped and should be replaced under warranty hopefully??.so if you've got an avondale van and the shower cubicle doors are warped get it sorted,its a manufacturing problem,yhey should replace them

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That is pretty shocking, Klarky, just as well the dealer brought it to your attention. What would have happened if the van was out of warranty I wonder.

TRENDING THREADS