do you really save money?.

where is your tank?.

any info would be a real big help.

thanks

jo-anne (its for my father in law)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne

Lots of info available if you "google" LPG. Excellent Pajero Owners Club with a Forum that will no doubt have lots of info on it.

I have no personal experience of a Pajero converted to LPG but my old Range Rover loved it. It ran better, (higher octane) the engine oil stayed clean (virtually complete combustion so no horrible carbon deposited in the oil) and when I came to sell it, I had eleven calls and the first to see it bought it. The grin on the guys face as he filled up the tank with 38 litres of LPG for less than

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Jo-anne,

I ran a 98 3.0 V6 SWB Shogun Auto for a couple of years then handed it over to my son who has run it for 18 months.

I had the conversion done for about

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Hello David and Clive,

I endose what you have to say about the effectivness of LPG conversions, the business i used to work for had a number of vans and cars converted and they were no problem, apart from finding filling sites (1980's).

I cant agree with Davids point about the future tax burden on LPG, or any other 'green' fuel, Successive Finance directors of UK.PLC have chnaged their minds about which fuel to tax more, and as soon as a significant number of people change to the fuel with the lower tax, they will put it up.
Yes you are probably right I guess Im not cynical enough! One of my dear departed Dads sayings was "the only thing that's free in this life is air and they are working on ways of making us pay for that"!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
OK if you're going to keep the vehicle for about 3 years (which is about what it will take to recover your 'investment' in LPG).

If you use the Channel Tunnel, you cannot take any vehicle which runs on LPG through it.

Servicing on LPG is pricey.

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Keith,

Yes you are right, no LPG on the chunnel, I guess most of us Vanners can live with that though given the high prices relative to ferry deals.

I am wondering wether you are an actual user of LPG? I say this because in my experience of manufacturers own systems and conversions they are largley fit and forget, very reliable and needing only simple maintenance operations at long service intervals.

Our familys Dual fuel Vectra is coming up for 80K and has only ever needed visual checks at vitually nil cost, my sons Shogun needed a check at 1k after system instalation and only requires a quick look and filter clean every 20k. The tanks should be inspected every 5 years but this is not a big deal. The injectors are on condition and require no servicing, the vapouriser diaphrams can loose tension but this is a minor routine adjustment and if the filter is a replaceble type it costs pennies and if guaze washable.

Closed loop systems are even better as they have so few components with no digital electronics.

Maybe I'm lucky but I can't see why there should be large service costs, Clive is also a long time user of LPG and I've never heard him talk of big bills - to me Bi fuel is a win win situation. Don't tell everybody though or they will all be using it!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry Keith - Cannot agree with your figures at all!

For someone doing 1200 miles a year on something like a Pajero the petrol costs would be about

TRENDING THREADS