Short break away but not with the caravan

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Don't do it , you will come away with things you don't really need, and a much lighter wallet.
There speaks the voice of experience….. shall try to resist ( voices in my head…..)

Currently in a cafe trying to resist the temptation of a huge scone that has my name written ALL over it….

• Love
Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
There speaks the voice of experience….. shall try to resist ( voices in my head…..)

Currently in a cafe trying to resist the temptation of a huge scone that has my name written ALL over it….
Went into the caravan dealer, near Banbury, ( now a camper van dealer) with a friend to get a new 13 pin tow plug. Next day came away after putting down a deposit on a new Coachman.
Nice site nearby, Fir Tree Farm, Warmington. https://fir-tree-campsite.business.site/?m=true

Reactions: Steve1962
Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Update,
Popped into the caravan accessories shop and came out with….. an expensive pen, bag and keyring …. £90, and they very kindly threw in a few other items for free🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch
Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Heading home now, we are back again in February for my wife’s birthday the weekend before we go to the Caravan and Motorhome show at the NEC.

Steve

Sep 2, 2023
Visit site
Aaaahhh 'The Bowler'. One of our favourite water holes selling fine Butcombe ales and only a 25 min stroll from our front door. Hope you enjoyed your stay. Beautiful location too.

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Aaaahhh 'The Bowler'. One of our favourite water holes selling fine Butcombe ales and only a 25 min stroll from our front door. Hope you enjoyed your stay. Beautiful location too.
Cracking place.
Food is superb, location is lovely.
About an hour and a half from us so far away enough to feel like we have gone away for the weekend but close enough to drive to gor a short break.
Not cheap but we really like it there- I was just saying it’s a shame they don’t have a caravan site attached yo the place.

Reactions: Banus
Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Just changed my avatar…. Anyone care to tell me who this lady is?
Clare Torry, vocalist on The Great Gig in the Sky by Pink Floyd.
Imagine how blown away I was to hear this for the first time in 1973 as an 11 year old boy.
I lay on my bed with my stereo speakers either side of my head … AMAZING.
I didn’t have any headphones but guess what I got for Xmas that year.
What an experience that was, to hear it on headphones for the first time!!!
Been a fan ever since and was lucky enough to see them live on the Pulse tour in 1994.
I also have a signed CD including Richard Wright’s autograph.

Can you tell I am a fan
🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Sam Vimes
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Imagine how blown away I was to hear this for the first time in 1973 as an 11 year old boy.
Been a fan ever since and was lucky enough to see them live on the Pulse tour in 1994.

Can you tell I am a fan
🤣🤣🤣
Sorry neither OH or myself have heard of her although we know Pink Floyd.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

Can you tell I am a fan
🤣🤣🤣
Certainly can tell you are a fan i heard of Pink Floyd but not so of Clare Torry (y)

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
She also sang the theme tune to the opening credits of the BBC series Butterflies
It was a Dolly Parton song called Love is like a butterfly.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site

Can you tell I am a fan
🤣🤣🤣
I've got most of their albums although no longer on Vinyl but then digital is better in my opinion. Never got to see them live but the Pulse DVD was great as is the CD.

A few albums and tracks I didn't care for but one that I played repeatedly was Meddle - the A side.

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
I've got most of their albums although no longer on Vinyl but then digital is better in my opinion. Never got to see them live but the Pulse DVD was great as is the CD.

A few albums and tracks I didn't care for but one that I played repeatedly was Meddle - the A side.
Dark Side of the Moon is my favourite album of all time.
It was number one for one week on the US Billboard charts but remained in the charts…. For 778 weeks, and then returned in 1991 when a top albums catalog chart was introduced has has remained there ever since.

I have almost all their stuff, including the early ones and the soundtrack album called More made for the film of the same name in 1969.

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts