short circuit in a 2016 Swift conqueror

Apr 20, 2022
Visit site
Recently had a short which burnt out the EC600 power control on my 2016 Swift onqueror and left me with no water, heating, lighting or fridge.
Sargent Electrics suggested was caused by an original wire which chafed on bodywork. Replacement cost £330 Swift not interested.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Recently had a short which burnt out the EC600 power control on my 2016 Swift onqueror and left me with no water, heating, lighting or fridge.
Sargent Electrics suggested was caused by an original wire which chafed on bodywork. Replacement cost £330 Swift not interested.
Surely at 6 years old you don’t really expect the maker to do anything. That’s down to wear and tear. Unless you had a MG or Santa Fe I doubt many car makers would take any interest either at 6 years old. Caravan wiring in general is pretty awful across brands.

Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hope you find the miscreant wire before fitting your expensive replacement EC600.
Before you spend your money have a chat with these guys
I bought one of their own versions of my BCA charger. Light years more advanced using more reliable design and materials than the oem.

Nov 4, 2007
Visit site
I also had a Sargent power supply unit (EC700) failure due to a short circuit within the oven. I was disappointed that a blown fuse did not protect the EC700. Neither my dealer nor Sargent would honour the warranty because the caravan is a 2019 Lunar. To be fair to Sargent their technical department were very helpful. Instead of waiting 5 weeks for a repair I bought a new unit (£410). Unfortunately the new unit failed due to the oven fault (now resolved by myself). Sargent repaired the new unit under warranty. While I was waiting for the repair I refitted the original unit and wired the oven into a different circuit and all is now working as it should. So I now have a spare power supply unit that I don't need. All part of caravanning fun.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts