SHORT TERM INSURANCE

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone out there know if you can get your caravan insured for a period of six months ?
We use or caravan for about three months of the year, the rest of the time its kept in a " cossa " registered secure compound.
It seems a waste of money having to have a full years insurance.
I am looking forwardt your comments.
Marelley

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Mary, I don't know the answer to your question, sorry. However, one thing does occur to me......don't you think that it's a good idea to have insurance all year round, even when you're not using the van, just to cover all eventualities? What about if something happened at the storage compound? OK, so it's a CASSOA registered secure compound (even though I believe it has been known for caravans still to disappear from such places), but there is the possibility that the van could be damaged in some way, through no fault of your own. Somebody on this very forum recently had trouble with their van being damaged by someone else's carelessness when moving their van which was sited next to the poster's van. And what about if it was destroyed by a fire? Fire would quickly spread to other vans sited close together in a storage compound.

Apologies for sounding full of doom and gloom, but I would say it's better to be safe (and fully insured) than sorry.

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
You might be interested in the series of posts in the "Insurance" section, especially the one headed "no wheel clamp policy on storage sites" and in particular, my own posting on the subject. It might be of some assistance to you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts