Should consumers be offered more options?

Page 6 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Reading that I just Googled ‘Coachman Bespoke’ and got this! Bargain at £40.

But anything is out there for a price.

Barefoot

Or Vanmaster

And £40,000 plus is probably correct.

John
Aren’t the Vanmaster lovely looking caravans. Quite understated, none of the fancy mouldings and garish decals adorning the current generation of British caravans. Pure class.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
As usual we go off at a tangent from the OP. I love it! That’s what makes this Forum interesting.
Back to the Prof’s story. I have a parallel.

Twenty years ago , no names , an Italian Gas Valve manufacturer sold tens of thousands of gas valves into the U.K. domestic boiler manufacturers market. The valves were plastic, interference fit into their housing, also plastic, They failed causing a massive very expensive Product recall claim. Problem? Snapping the valve stem into its plastic housing caused the housing plastic to fracture. The valve became insecure.
Cost the Italians a lot of money.

Yet. Al-Ko and our British manufactures still will not recognise a premature axle failure🤬🤬

More fo is caravanners 😥😥😥

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Aren’t the Vanmaster lovely looking caravans. Quite understated, none of the fancy mouldings and garish decals adorning the current generation of British caravans. Pure class.
As similar comment could have been used for other manufacturers like Castleton and VanRoyce, though having had one of each in the family even they were not free from manufacturing defects.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts