Should we use a cover?

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone

I'm new to all of this and you have been so helpful. I have two questions really. Firstly what do you think about closing curtains when the van is in storage to protect the covers from fading in the sun? People have told me that this will encourage moisture. Secondly, should we use the full van cover that was part of the sale, when in storage, because again, people have told me that this will also encourage moisture. What do all you lovely people think?

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Curtains - yes close them, but NOT any roller blinds

Cover - not needed unless stored under trees (will protect from birds mess and tree sap)

None of the above block any ventilation points and don't encourage moisture production.

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks WoodlandsCamper

One of the reasons I ask, is that a friend of ours used a cover during winter storage and when he removed it the van was covered in green mould so it's good to have your opinion as perhaps this was a one off.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sally.
As King WC says use the curtains but not the roller blinds. The newer blind concertina style and can be safely left down.
Don't forget the blind's in the roof eg the Heki and Omnivent.
Personally I am anti covers. I think in high winds they flap about damaging the paintwork and windows.
There have also been cases where a cover has masked a water ingress problem resulting in discovery of a problem after the water ingress guarantee has expired.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts