Shower Tray

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a 1990 Swiftwith rear washroom on the offside. The shower plug hole is at the front offside of the tray. Why is it that when my van is level I have to bail out the shower tray?

Simon,

this could be for several reasons, Shower Tray incorrectly installed ie. Not levelled on the Van Floor. A slight upward shaped "bow" in the Shower Tray Base, or the Van not being as Level as you think it is. As Water finds it's own level there doesn't have to be much wrong to leave a puddle in the Tray. As the drain plug, hole is at the front, have you tried siting the Van ever so slightly Nose Up? This would probably be enough to drain most of the Water without you noticing the difference. The Shower Tray in my Challenger 490 Lse is in the Centre of the Van with the Drain in the rearmost outside Corner, this drains completely everytime, but I am very carefull on how I level the Van. I always put the level across the Front or Rear Window frame and then for the fore and aft across one of the side Window Frames. A Caravan fitter taught me this trick about 35 Years ago and it always works. I have used this method and then compared the results with levelling say using the floor or Sink Top. The difference is surprising and it may be just this that's causing the problem. Good luck with a Cure.

Regards Eddie1. From Nottingham

Jun 2, 2006
Visit site
It's likely to be bad design. A well designed caravan/motorhome shower tray has 2 drain holes with the pipes commected underneath.

The last Swift designed shower tray I had always cracked after a few weeks use and they only ever replaced it with the same, which was a complete waste of time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts