showering in my caravan

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME. I KNOW THIS IS STRANGE POST BUT I ALWAYS ITCH AFTER SHOWING IN THE VAN BUT USE SAME SHOWER GEL AS I DO AT HOME. I USE THE PROCESS OF WETTING UP THEN TURN OFF WATER LATHER UP THEN RINSE OFF. DONT SEEM TO BE AFFECTED WHEN USING SITE SHOWERS. ANY IDEAS

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi Ranger
Not being funny have you tried wiping down the shower cubicle walls, as there may be glass fibre residue. Does the half suffer with this affliction ? at least its somewhere to start.

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
thanks for your reply. other half and children dont suffer with anything so guess its just something to do with me. will try wiping walls and going to try a unperfumed shower gel as well. will try anything.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi. My daughter used to "itch" if she had a hot bath and got out into a cool room. Are you having the showere especially hot to compensate for the cool bit when the water is off?
mel

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Just to be on the safe side flush your water system (hot and cold) with Milton steriliser and make sure that the Milton mixture is also drawn into the shower, the hose and the shower head. Make certain that the Aquaroll and pump are also sterilised.
Leave the Milton for 30 minutes ( no longer otherwise the boiler could be damaged) and flush thoroughly with clean cold water.
Do you wash the towels on site? The site water could have a different ph value which can affect sensitive skin in some cases.

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Can you use your caravan at home and use water from your house.30 odd years ago when my children were small there was one certain site we went on annually before the days of caravan showers,when my son used the showers on the site he allways complained of itches, but no other member of family did. I just had to put it down to change of water

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
I've had similar itches whilst using the on-site facilities at several, but not all, Caravan Club sites and occasionally when using the shower in the 'van. I've tried reducing the water temperature, using different shower gel and applying aqueous cream after my shower but nothing really seems to be the cure. Is it something in the local water supplies that aren't in the water where I live near Derby and it's just my skin recognising that there is a difference ? One thing that I do know is that the itches are quite maddening for about half an hour after my shower. Perhaps there is a Doc out there who can throw some light on it for us.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Do you regularly sterilise your water system including the Aquaroll?
It is possible you haven't rinsed the system through with fresh water and thus your skin may have an allergy to the steriliser chemical?

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
Did'nt some Baileys have trouble with chemicals leaching out of the water hoses and causing the water to taste funny perhaps the chemicals are affecting your skin? does the water have a funny taint.

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
thanks for all you replies. towels are either stored in bathroom or awning. i think maybe it is to do with ph of water. going to get some fragrance free shower gel and try this. going away in february and will sterilise aquaroll, water system and see what happen then. got a bit of sensitive skin anyway. oddest thing is only my arms legs and sometimes my back that itch. weird one. will post again in feb to update.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
rangergt60 said:
thanks for all you replies. towels are either stored in bathroom or awning. i think maybe it is to do with ph of water. going to get some fragrance free shower gel and try this. going away in february and will sterilise aquaroll, water system and see what happen then. got a bit of sensitive skin anyway. oddest thing is only my arms legs and sometimes my back that itch. weird one. will post again in feb to update.

But have you ever sterilised your water system and had the problem????

TRENDING THREADS