Showers, the pits

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
This is our first year of modern caravaning and all the showers have been very badly designed, why do you put up with it.

1) The water is not hot and on very fee sites can you control the temperature, I didn't find one site with adequate pressure.

2) Stupid little cubicals with very little dry space to hang your clean cloths so you have to devise cleaver ways to keep your clean cloths dry.

3)No dry area to get dressed in.

All tennis and squash clubs I've been a member of have had a shower area, toweling down area and a dry clothes area. Why are camp sites so backwood?

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi Mike,

In my experience not all shower facilities are as bad as you have experienced. Many have plenty hooks, a wee stool and plenty large enough, a dryish area ( I take a wee shower mat with me ), no problems with pressure or temperature nothing really to complain about. I've only had to pay for showers once too.

I suppose if they were to take your advice and have three separate areas, the sites would have to invest alot of money, rebuilding or axtending shower blocks

Decent shower and toilet facilities are one of my two main priorities when choosing a site, so I do as much research as I can, eg, their website, UK Campsite website review and this forum.

Good advice for new sites starting up though.

Cheers,

Alex.

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
Cant say I have had that many problems as Mike B. Perhaps one or two but mainly been quite satisfied.

I think you have just been unlucky.

Most showers have a drying area the other side of the curtain,

Must admit some have nowhere to put the soap [ no comment ] which can be tricky.

Edd

G

Agree with others,. Most CC and C&CC sites have excellent showers, and...if you are lucky to get the one with the disabled bits and pieces, then usually get a normal shower head on a hose. The caravan shower is fine but if you wish to wash hair etc, then I suspect someone gets the cold end of the stick.

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
Oh Dear Mike

You seem to have trouble hanging your clothes up in the shower cubicle as well as in your caravan's wardrobe.

LOL

Brum

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for reminding me.

4) Somewhere to put the shampoo and shower gel.

Never had a curtain just a small bit of wood and a shelf. All is well until I start singing, arms seem to go all over the place!

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
I prefer a bath with shower and like to wind down at the end of the day with a relaxing wine and candles and often watch the TV or a DVD on the bathroom flat screen or listen to my music choice on the bathroom sound system.

I like Italian marble wall tiles and flooring and can't understand why camp sites don't provide those either, tile and colour choice is often dated!

In these times of Eco concerns is it not about time camp sites provided showers and baths for couples as we like to "bathe" together.

There are far more camp site bathing issues than Mike has hi-lighted and I hope site owners take note of mine and Mike B's concerns - ROFL

My local gym offers diet and fitness regime advice and you can get a good massage and use steam rooms and they sell great fresh healthy food.

CC wardens will be busy in the winter learning these new skills

as well as maintaining and cleaning the extra facilities.

And god forbid that they over chill the Chardonny for those using the new bathroom suites!

No doubt camp sites also lack tennis and squash facilities I just can't understand why Sports clubs don't offer EHU and caravan pitches in their car parks?

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Dream on Jaz !!

Edd
Essexeddies.

Just thought I'd join in with the wind up!

If sites provided freshly laundered and monogrammed Egyptian Cotton towells and hand maidens scattered rose petals ahead of Mike B as he entered the ablutions area wouldn't that be lovely and think of the space and weight saved in the caravan if towells were supplied.

Do you think asking for scented body oils and shampoo and conditioner to be provided like they do at the Lansborough is to much when paying circa

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
Essexeddies.

Just thought I'd join in with the wind up!

If sites provided freshly laundered and monogrammed Egyptian Cotton towells and hand maidens scattered rose petals ahead of Mike B as he entered the ablutions area wouldn't that be lovely and think of the space and weight saved in the caravan if towells were supplied.

Do you think asking for scented body oils and shampoo and conditioner to be provided like they do at the Lansborough is to much when paying circa

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
We used our 2006 Swifts (end bathroom) shower for the first time last month at a site in Lossiemouth which had filthy showers. I am now converted! Plenty room, 2 showers per 40 litres of water,and a much bigger space to dry yourself. Don't ask how but i felt much cleaner using my own shower,

Gavin.

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Essexeddie.

Footman and Pages and Understairs Maid just a few more jobs that could be created at CC sites. Get rid of those green wardens uniforms and get them in knee high socks and satin trews and tops with gold braid and powdered wigs. A sweeping arm and bow to caravnners as they pass to-ing and fro-ing on site wouldn't go a miss.

We're caravnners so lets have a bit of respect.

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
Essexeddie.

Footman and Pages and Understairs Maid just a few more jobs that could be created at CC sites. Get rid of those green wardens uniforms and get them in knee high socks and satin trews and tops with gold braid and powdered wigs. A sweeping arm and bow to caravnners as they pass to-ing and fro-ing on site wouldn't go a miss.

We're caravnners so lets have a bit of respect.
I like it !!!!!!!

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
We use our own shower when we have to but its a bit tight.

Now if there was a single axle van with fixed bed and separate shower together with normal size front seating, a lot of people would buy it. But I dont think its posible.

Edd

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
I just don't like putting on wet cloths when it is possible to design a proper shower block.

I didn't realize you could get 2 showers out of 45ltr, will look into it next year as we have a rear wash room, with a dry area and shelf for the shampoo and shower gel.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts