Sign written vehicles

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
We have been away in our new caravan 6 times since we bought it in Feb this year. My tow car, love them or hate them, is a Ford Ranger. I bought it new, and is in no way scruffy or dirty. I work as a lock smith, and this is written on the side of the vehicle. On some sites, I have been asked to open caravans, advise on alarms etc. At the last site, we were told we could not bring a sign written vehicle onto a caravan club site. Is this true? I have not seen a rule anywhere and was somewhat surprised. Any comments or suggestions?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Club Site Rules....Page 261 state that Caravans bearing advertising matter are not allowed on site,BUT there is nothing said about the towing vehicle.Have you written to the Club to get an explanation? Usually the wardens use their discretion,and we have been on quite a few sites where work vehicles have been in evidence.Hope you publish your answer from the Club.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I understand the reason for the club wishing to limit outright advertising, it can be vivid and not in the spirit of caravanning. If they try to enforce such a ban they are actually likely find it potential challenge.

Consider, what is advertising? surly the naming of any company, organisation or product in such away as to bring attention to it.

Look at any car, caravan, in fact most products carry the manufactures name somewhere on it, and thus that is by any definition advertising.

The club will need to define the criteria far more accurately, but must be very wary about disenfranchising some of their members.

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
Got the definitive answer from caravan club, states that"rule 2(b) caravans bearing advertising matter other than normal manufacturers transfers or plates are not allowed on site. This rule does not apply to the towing vehicle".....Which is good, because I cant afford another car!

Not going to mention the CC site by name, but IF I go again, will award him with a big jobs worth hat! Then take it off him, for wrong info!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts