Silicone spray.Rubber surrounds etc.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Going to spend a full day next weekend washing and polishing the caravan.
Ive bought some silicone spray for the awning rails,rubber window surrounds,locker doors etc.(never done this before)
Do I gently wash the rubber surrounds with warm soapy water first,dry and then spray the silicone on and leave it to dry naturally,or gently wipe it over afterwards with a soft clean rag?
Many thanks

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Yes and leave the spray to dry and soak in to the rubber. Does them the world of good and makes them swell a teeny. Bit so they seal better.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes supposed to be the business. Not cheap though.
It is good though and a little goes a long way. I first came across it when a German colleague told me that he used it prior to winter to stop the car seals sticking under icing conditions. And it works a treat, albeit icing seems less frequent these days ๐Ÿ˜€

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Mini forum raves about it for the frameless windows which can squeak when they dry out a bit.
I first used it for an E30 BMW M Sport so there wasnโ€™t really a choice. But unlike silicon it is water based and penetrates the seals rather than staying on the surface so its effect seems to be to reinvigorate the seals. Horses for courses I guess.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts