Silly Mistake?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I reckon its the embarrasment issue :cheer:

Making mistakes all adds up to a colourful life, I should know. Its usually hilarious looking back on them in safety, but I truly have made some corkers, not least in a 44 tonner. But thats another tale and it will cost you a drink to hear that one.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Talking of which, nearly made one today.

Wifey says "when is the MOT due"
"Not till next month dear"
"Hmmmm" says she that knows these things "Arent we away in Cornwall then"
"Ooops"

Discs and pads all round to get a pass! Ouch!

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Done them all over the years:- Left mover on when being recovered by Mayday,
Snapping breakaway cable,
Forgetting the awning poles/frame, not at the same time as, forgetting awning pegs.
Winder when leaving home, winder when leaving site for home.
Rear steadies down, couldn't understand why I couldn't check nose weight.
Hitching up on site, then forgetting to lock the stabiliser on, didn't know until I got home.
These are ones I can remember there is bound to be more I've forgotten. :S

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I haven't noticed anyone posting this one yet, so it looks like I might be alone here... :blush:

I'd just finished filling up the toilet flush tank when a heard my wife shriek from inside "The bathroom's filling up with pink stuff!"

I'd left the cap off the end of the drain hose for the flush tank. The water was just going straight into the toilet cassette compartment which had holes into the bathroom. Oops.

At least it gave the floor a thorough clean!

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
This is my third posting under this heading so I think the dunces cap belongs to me.

Just back from a week away and when we arrived on site found the shower door in the shower. We had not secured the door and it had swung back and forth until the bottom hing broke. Lucky for us no damage to the door or the shower unit.

Of I went to the nearest dealer only to be told the plastic hinge was no longer made. Dealer found a metal hinge that looked as if it could do the job at the princely sum of £1.
Problem 1. The screw I needed to fit the hinge to the wall was too big to go into the hole in the hinge but the wardens drilled the hole out for me.
Problem 2. The new hinge impeded on the side of the wall so had to take the hinge off again and twist it so it fitted.
Problem 3. I fitted the door upside down so again off it came.
Problem 3. Door fitted ok but as I stood up my belt caught the shower tap and I had a nice cold shower in my clothes. Family thought it hilarious.

Not away again until 2nd July so I have time to recover

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
we have all done silly things from time to time exept most will not admit to them :woohoo: it's called gaining experience in 40+years I've seen and done some corkers.
one of my favorites was going down to cornwall with both plugs not connected, they were when we set off but were too tight and pulled out on a left hand bend, both plugs were a write off as they had ground down to half size, that cost me a day buying and fitting new plugs, only to find out that when I eventually got the awning out the poles were missing.
had to spend the next day going half way home so our son could bring them to us, still we got a nice day out in Bakewell :lol: :lol:

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Yep, driving along and could hear something thumping over the bumps. Couldn't stop straight away as we were going through a town in heavy traffic. Eventually pulled in outside some shops, the jockey wheel had dropped and was hitting the floor. The second time I did it I knew what it was. I had not got the shaft into the two grooves to stop it spinning, it had wound itself down. :oops:

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Last September whilst traveling from site near euro port Holland to Bruges as we approached Antwerp, my sat nav wanted me to follow the motorway round to the left of the City but a sign said to go to the right.
I thought the sign must be correct so followed the signs. BIG MISTAKE. We ended up going through the centre of Antwerp on its cobbled streets.
Mind you I think we may go back again sometime as its looked a very nice place, but without the caravan :blush:

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Re going through brought to mind a little mistake my brother made some years ago although he had a motorhome same principle! had a problem with the Loo flush so off he went into the bathroom to try to sort, sister in law was outside enjoying the sunshine reading, when she heard a shrike followed by some strong language!!!!! So she comes into the van to see what was up she was met by my brother immerging from the bathroom a vision in PINK!!! don't know what he did or how it happened but the toilet exploded and covered him head to foot in Pink flush water. Needless to say my sister had to sit down as she was laughing so much......and it didn't take long for all the family to hear of the mishap!! So what did I buy him for Christmas a full white boiler suite complete with rubber gloves face mask!! Bless him

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Whilst getting the van ready to go away last Friday I ran the fridge on gas to make sure that it ran ok as it had not been used on gas since its service last March
On arrival at the rally site I spent several mins trying to light the fridge by pressing the igniter, then I realised that it was still in 12volt mode Doh :oops:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts