Silver screen

nje

May 17, 2015
Visit site
As a new motorhomer I have just bought a silver screen . One question : is it ok / helpful / recommended to leave it in place when the van is in storage in winter months? Any advice welcome, thanks .
Nick

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
We Have both. Use internal when stored . External when in Europe, for keeping sun out, . Less condensation at night with external on.
Hope this helps.

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
If it's a external one I would not. I left mine on one winter and I did not noticed that bird had messed on it and it left a stain which would not come off.
Last year at the Motorhome show at the NEC I purchased a cover which covers the screen an also the cab front and it's better.

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
It's not really what either internal or external screens are designed for. We have both kinds, and usually load the externals for UK tours and the internals for continental - mainly because one is better at keeping heat OUT, the other for keeping it IN! :)

Feb 18, 2004
Visit site
I have a Taylormade external screen and I have put it on over winter with no ill effects, so far. I have the longer version which covers the bonnet vents on the Peugeot to save excessive rain getting into the vents.

David

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
As others have said, the purpose of the screens is to moderate the temperature and reduce condensation when the van is in use.

So long as the appropriate precautions are taken then temperature should not matter and there should be no condensation when the van is not in use so the screens would not make a significant difference.

Graham

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts