Silverstone - British GP

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Help, can anybody advise on taking my caravan to the British GP(No! not racing). My wife has given me a 3 day pass for the GP and we would like to pitch up for the weekend and take in the whole event. Silverstone Circuit's web doesn't see to offer any information. Preferably we would like to stay within the circuit confines to avoid driving in each day. Thanks for your advice.

G

Your obviously a four wheel fan, whereas I am a two wheel fan. I know the Silverstone circuit well from our visits to British Superbikes and World Superbike meetings.

There is a golf course that has a campsite close to the circuit, it is closest to Copse corner. i.e. the first corner. As the crow flies about 400 meters walk. Just cant remember the name of the site(golf course), perhaps give the circuit a ring, or have a look on a map for the name of the golf course. You must book it early I would have thought.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Graham , the site with the golf course is Whittlebury Hall Country Club, which is on the A413 in Whittlebury village just off the A43. There are numerous sites that spring up around GP weekend , it just depends on what part of the country you are coming from as the police operate a onw way system in and out over the weekend so you have to look at both entrance and exit , however they have got it right (in my opinion ) over the last 2 years.Try the silverstone website or northants web for more info.

Rgds Pip

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts