Siphon pipe

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
A long time ago back in the dark ages I had a pipe that had a squeezy concertina type of thing in the middle with a valve. The idea was to insert one end in for instance a bareel to siphon water into another barrel. Also good of emptying fish tanks. Anyway once the ends were in the respective containers, one then squeezed the concertina bit and it then drew up the water until there was enough to start the siphon effect. Saves you sucking up dirty water etc and getting it into your mouth. Does any one know if such an apparatus still exists?

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Have you tried a local motor accessory shop (not the Halfords type, but a little tucked away, privately owned place that sells things you cant imagine ever needing....)?

I think at one time you could also get them from Machine Mart.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ian, try ebay 'Homes and Gardens' and search for syphons.

There is the hand type you asked about number 130214935352 and also a battery one 290222310453

Jan 21, 2007
Visit site
There were some in the poundland shop in York at Easter but i don't suppose that info helps you much. (yes, they were a pound.)

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Boyes had them in today though looking at the bore of the pipe it would take some time to fill something the size of an Aquaroll.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts