Site bookings 2007

Jul 21, 2006
Visit site
Just checked on the CC website and they are not starting taking booking til 6th December at 9am (this leads me to believe that it is done this way because of a rush to book the popular sites for such times as easter, bank holidays etc.) So why pick a weekday, if there is a rush as I am lead to believe then what chance do those of us at work get, far enough if you have internet access at work, or are even lucky enought to be able to phone, but the rest of us have to wait till we get home, if its anything like popular concert ticket bookings then the best will all have gone, Who picked a wednesday ?

Mar 12, 2006
Visit site
the cc booking opened on a wednesday last year as well, i presume its a standard thing with them. it just means i will have to get up off nights book my hols and go back to bed!!!!!!!

G

My sister inlaw is the boss of a company department of a 120+ people.

They get given time slots revolving around work projects and as the projects progress they try and plan holiday dates but only get them confirmed a week to ten days ahead. I know of plenty of others who only get a short time ahead of their holiday dates to make plans.

So you are quite fortunate that you can book in the year before your Spring or Summer breaks when others find the sites booked out by CC memebers who then often don't turn up as they don't have to pay a booking deposit.

Mar 12, 2006
Visit site
We are in a position to plan out holidays in advance as we can both take them when we like. I do agree with you that people should pay deposits as there have been times when we have wanted to go to sites but they have been booked up, but we only book what holidays we know we will go on.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have always found that you can book most sites even at peak times well into January except if you want to get onto Rowntree Park which seems to be constantly fully booked

May 2, 2005
Visit site
I'm sorry but going back to paying a deposit is not a good idea, especially if you are disabled and suffer ill health. I do agree that it is only good manners to inform the site if you are unable to complete your trip, but when you have to cancell at the last minute, having to bother about refunds is a nightmare. Plus not everybody uses credit cards, and the cc do not except some debit cards which makes like extreamly hard, but we keep smiling for without the caravan we would not be able to have holidays. Try finding somewhere that can acommodate two large electric wheelchairs, and suitable menus, it is easier to find gold hens teeth, that you don't need to take out a morgage for. Happy caravaning ***

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts