site by boats

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try the car deck of the Isle of Wight ferry.

More seriously, I think that the Camping and Caravanning Club site at Keswick is on the shore of the lake.

The Waveney river centre, Beccles, suffolk. The place is fantastic, you can sit in your caravan all day with an uninterupted view of the river Waveney on the Broads. Also it is a marina so you can sit and watch the boats come in and out all day. Its a hidden gem!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
chris Try north ledaig Oban Scotland Its a CC managed site that takes non CC members The site is right on the beach facing the isle of Mull .The ferries to Mull and most of the Hebredian islands sail past .Atnight i love to watch the light houses winking at one another . The site is imaculate and well run there is also lots of places to visit , Mull ,Iona Tiree,if you have kids they will want to visit Ballamory or [Tobermory ]etc etc.Where ever you go have a good time Coljac.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The caravan site at Ardmair Point, a couple of miles above Ullapool (NW Scotland) is a very nice site and you can watch the ferries and other boats using Ullapool.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Chris, As an alternative to the IOW ferry, I have seen touring caravans pitched on the shoreline near Calshot Castle (E.Heritage)where Southampton Water enters the solent. Not an official site as such just a cordoned off part of the car park. I'd imagine very basic facilities and I'm not even sure how you can arrange a pitch. (Does someone else know??). However, if you want a window full of Queen Mary 2, QE2 and such like, there's no place where they come nearer.Ken

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Ardmair point just north of Ullapool is very relaxing, just a pity it's 650miles from me in Herefordshire. You could also try Watermouth cove which is about 3 miles out of Ilfracoombe heading towards Coombe Martin. It has a natural harbour right next to the site, and with the two other ports mentioned there's plenty of boating activity. This one is easy access for you by the motorway network and about 250 miles away.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Ardmair point just north of Ullapool is very relaxing, just a pity it's 650miles from me in Herefordshire. You could also try Watermouth cove which is about 3 miles out of Ilfracoombe heading towards Coombe Martin. It has a natural harbour right next to the site, and with the two other ports mentioned there's plenty of boating activity. This one is easy access for you by the motorway network and about 250 miles away.
Thanks for that. Sounds good to me and I will put it on the list. Thanks again Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts