Site closest to Northern Sheffield

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi All

I 'may' need to take a transfer from my office and need to work in Sheffield (complicated).
At least for a short term I may need to use the 'van to stay there. Does anybody know of a site north of Sheffield ish or a decent CL where I would be welcome for a few weeks?

Cheers

Ian

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
The CL at Sutton Hall in Sutton Scarsdale between M1 J29 and J29a is very pleasant and deathly quiet. You will need your own facilities and if you want TV you will need either sat or a tall pole. The site is in the (walled) kitchen garden of the former Sutton Hall behind electric gates (good security) with mains at every pitch. Nearest shopping is in Chesterfield about five miles. The site is (or was) run by an elderly couple who used to operate the cheese stall on Chesterfield market.
There is a CC site at Poolsbrook Country Park between 29a and 30. Not a particularly nice area but the site is pleasant albeit a bit exposed as it is new and the trees have not had much time to grow yet. Nearest shopping is in Staveley (Morrisons) of which Poolsbrook is a 'suburb.'
Whilst these are not north-ish of Sheffield you may find them better than that area as the north side of Sheffield is a bit hilly and exposed and can be subject to high winds sometimes. The M1 is not usually too busy northbound in the morning from 29a/30.

TRENDING THREADS