Site Hygiene

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Brian

I think we have enough rain in this country to ensure that a little waste water is not going to cause a smell Brian.

I spray some of my plants with Jeys fluid as an eco friendly way of controlling greenfly. This stuff is harsher than the washing liguid used in the sink but the plants thrive on it.

If rotting food stufs were there - then yes I would agree, however we collect that and dispose of it properly - but a a couple of litres of "grey water" in times of a water shortage is hardly likely to make a pitch go soggy.

An I have been camping in Wales during many a thunderstorm so I know what soggy is! :0)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Why not?

Has a very short half-life and unlike pesticides does not leave a toxic residue.

It has been used for soil steralisation prior to planting for years. Its effects are not long lasting and gives the selected plants a chance to geminate before the moulds, weavils and other bugs get it or weeds crowd it out.

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
This looks like one of these that is going to roll for days, So being a dame good chef in our van, I always cook, Emma does the pots, I do tend to use a lot of garlic.

Now, on a hot day when the waste master (W/M) has sat in the sun and the bits of garlic have infused with the Persil lemon liquid, would it be okay for me to tell the wife to empty the W/M around our pitch?

I think this would have several positive effects:

1) The smell of the warm garlic lemon water would create a hot european holiday destination feel.(even at Clumber)

2) It will keep the flys away.

3) The children playing in the local area would move and kick there balls at someone elses van (kids dont like garlic in my experience)

What do you think? will I get arrested?

Fouldsy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts