site in kent

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ken

I've stopped at Romney farm a few times. I haven't stopped there in peak season, only May and September.

I like this site, the access is easy, the site is well maintained with nice grassed areas, plenty of space between units. The showers and toilets are kept immaculate. There's an information shed which is useful and they also have some fridges and freezers in there too.

When I visited in September, they had opened a cafe. She cooks some fantastic hearty breakfasts at a reasonable cost too I thought. There tends to be a few cyclists round Romney Marsh, so they pop in for refreshments too.

They sell locally produced meats on the site. There is a Sainsbury's (or it could be Tesco, sorry can't remember now) in New Romney which is just a short drive away. New Romney also has some green grocers, a chemist two or three pubs, some takeways etc.

I don't know if you have children or not but there are plenty of beaches, Camber being my particular favourite as it's sand. Greatstone is nice too with plenty of parking and some small shops opposite, plus a chip shop etc.

I am totally biased by Sandgate, is my most favourite places of all time. Although, it's more of a promenade with sea the colour of emeralds. You can park along the sea front. The tide never goes out there. There have been sightings of Dave the Dolphin but I'm afriad I've never seen him.

If you drive around the Marsh, there's some ancient churches well worth a look. Tenterden is a small but upmarked town. There's plenty of good old fashioned pubs in the area.

One tip though, if going to Lydd, don't do what I did in September, park infront of the MOD ranges gates which clearly say 'no parking, no stopping'. I'm afraid I stopped there for a drink and was asked to move on by a lovely MOD chap.

I'll put some pics of the site on in a mo, although they were taken in May 2008 and the site wasn't very busy.

Oh, there's a key coded barrier which is good. On their website, it did say 'no commercial vehicles' but I phoned in advance and asked if we could come in ours and they said, it would be fine.

If you have dogs, you can simply just walk straight off site and walk for miles and miles.

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ladies
d.jpg

TRENDING THREADS