Site in mid france

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
I need a site half way between Pals in Spain and Zeebrugge. This is about 800 miles and so I thought we would break that 50/50 or even 450 miles then 350. Site needed for 5 nights. Good facilities and pool, etc.

Don't have much info on the interior of France.

Many thanks

Ian

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
It really depends on your route because there are lots of ways to get to the Costa Brava. We prefer to Clermont Ferrand/A75 route, but we have 'done' the Toulouse/Andorra route too. If the latter route, then somewhere in the Dordogne would be a good choice, and there are some sites which are not that far from the autoroute.

Post your route, then someone will probably come up with the goods.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Sorry, posted too early. I was going to add that if you're going the A75 then stop around Millau - absolutely fabulous scenery, loads of sites to choose from, and again very near to the autoroute for ease. We usually stay at Les Rivages, which is a lovely site - but there are many others.

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi Val

I'm flexible about the route really. It may mean an extra 30-40 miles depending on the route but thats ok if I'm going to a site.

I have been through Millau once (before the bridge) and I think 580 miles is too far to travel in one go on the way home. I really need somewhere around Clermont Ferrand up to Auxerre type of distance.

Any infor appreciated

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Ian - we've only ever 'overnighted' in the area between Clermont Ferrand and home - and overnight sites are not the sort of thing you're looking for. We've stayed in municipal sites in several locations, but nothing with a pool on site.

I've just had a look at the Camping Cheques website (we use Camping Cheques and it's a good reference source for sites of a reasonable quality)and there's one site near to Clermont Ferrand - Indigo Royat, which looks OK - but I've never stayed there (the Auvergne volcanoes are lovely though). Just north, nearer to Vichy, is Beau Rivage Bellerive (never stayed there, either, but it looks a nice site too).

I'm sure you'll get someone with a more personal recommendation, and hope you have a great holiday.

DJM

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ian,

I normally use Chateau de L'Eperviere at Gigny sur Saone or Macon municipal site when I travel to El-Delfin Verde from Zeebrugge. This is roughly about half way going from Zeebrugge, Troyes, Macon, Lyon, Narbonne, Perpignan route. Mileage wise this way is a bit further then via Clement Ferrand & Millau but timewise about the same and cuts out Paris / by passing Paris through Rouen etc...

May 18, 2006
Visit site
Hi Ian,

We are staying at a site in Neveres this year on our way to the South of France.

- http://www.campingnevers.com/GB/accueil.html

It is about 350 miles from Zeebrugge, which is probably about as far as I would like to travel, especially on the way back up to Zeebrugge. I have not stayed on this site before, but it has been recommended by people on this forum.

Graeme.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There's a good site at orcet just south of Clermont Ferrand - from memory it has a pool. You'll find it in CC Europe Volume 1 - easy from the autoroute. There is a big shopping centre only a couple of miles to the north which saves going into Cermont.

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for everybody's help and suggestions.

I have booked La Pergola at Lac de Chalain. I have been once before in mobile homes but it rained literally the whole week. That was about 4 or 5 years ago at the end of May. Worst holiday ever.

If it rains again I shall probably kill myself.

So thats the trip planned now.

7th Aug Dover to Calais

8th Aug Bonne Anse Plage 4 nights

12th Aug Airotel Pyrenees 5 nights

17th Aug El Delfin Verde 5 nights

22nd Aug La Pergola 4 nights

26th Aug Zeebrugge to Hull

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Very good site in Mid France is "Le Paradis " at st Leon sur vezere. Dutch owned, 3 pools fab restaurant, right on banks of Vezere river. Look on google has phone number etc etc they speak better english than most of us. We've just come back from 14 days ther its our fourth year.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts