Site near Bordeaux ring road

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I note from the current ACSI book that there is a new large site near the Bordeaux ring road between the bridge over the Gironde and the airport. It's stated to be 100+ pitches and open all year which would make it a very good overnight either to or from Spain in the winter. I'm a little concerned that a site this large and in this location may be rather popular with 'itinerants' as the CC books put it - has anyone any direct experience ?

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
We've spotted one just off the ring road on the road to Bergerac - camping Bel-Air. Don't know if this is the one you are referring to but it appears ok from their website although quite basic but we were only calling in for one or maybe two nights en route to Narbonne. This may be a little further out for the ones who work in the city.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Website for the site is www.village-du-lac.com It is just off the ring road round Bordeaux in the Parc des Expositions complex. Claims to be open all year which would make it ideal for first night on winter trip into Spain. About 300 miles (but all 4 lane) from St Malo Then should be able to make Burgos / Cabrera if going via Madrid area or Zaragoza / Calatayud if going across to Valencia. Hope to call on way north in a couple of weeks andcheck it out directly. It's in the ACSI book so you should get a night for 15 euros low season.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ray S said:
I'm a little concerned that a site this large and in this location may be rather popular with 'itinerants' as the CC books put it - has anyone any direct experience ?

I'm never sure why people get so exercised about this. We've stayed on loads of municipals which have had what might be termed itinerants - ie people who are working in the area - and had no problems at all.

Remember that the municipals were originally set up to cater for exactly these people.

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Had you of stayed on the same municipal as me last year you might take a different view. 4x4’s kicking up clouds of dust as they sped across the site, roaming barking dogs, kids with hosepipes flooding part of the site and the toilet block trashed every morning. Luckily I was only staying one night.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts