site near calais ferry port

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
HI
We spent 17 nights last summer at Camping La Bien Assise whcih is about 8 miles from the port. The site is very easy to get to and is an excellent site. It has a swimming pool with a retractable roof so it can still be used in the rain also there is a nice bar on site whcih serves food at reasonable prices and there is also a takeaway. Pitches are very spacious and the toilet facilities are excellent I would definetly recommend this site.
Hope this Helps!

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi Laura

If you going to La bien assise for stopping over they put you at the back of site, which is still nice
but from memory you could end up with no electric. Theres also Gandspette which is a good site ...

I'm assuming your looking for stop overs as your post is about Brittany? The two mentioned are in most books..

but there are quite a few of French site dotted on the way tp Calais.. I suppose it depends on your times travelling.

marie

Aug 15, 2009
Visit site
we can cope without electric (just done our first 2 ralleys with no electric past 2 weekends!) so that would be ok.But would like showers toilets, yep its just an overnighter for the return journey we sail at 9.55 ish so dont want to be too far away with 3 kiddies to sort out!

Aug 15, 2009
Visit site
we can cope without electric (just done our first 2 ralleys with no electric past 2 weekends!) so that would be ok.But would like showers toilets, yep its just an overnighter for the return journey we sail at 9.55 ish so dont want to be too far away with 3 kiddies to sort out!

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi

if coming from Brittany you could try Camping Les Cytiese at Isques just outside Boulogne, handy for both motorway and other roads.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I'd go for Gandspette, personally. It's our site of choice for an early ferry - handy for the autoroute, good sanitary facilities, especially for children, a pool if it's still warm enough, a restaurant which does good value good - and some cracking regional specialities, and it's geared up for people setting off early.
You need to be within 20 minutes or so of the ferry, otherwise you'll have to be up at the crack of dawn, and Gandspette meets this criteria.

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi
There is a very pleasant little Camping a la Ferme (CL type) site at Hardinghen - Camping les Piloteries. It is in the CC France handbook on page 332. Very friendly owners. We stayed there earlier this week - the grass had been mown (no clippings left) and the facilities, altho perhaps dated, were spotlessly clean. 19.80 euros for two nights for the two of us plus dog plus electricity - pas mal!
Easy access to Calais via Guines (use effective bypass to the east), then D127 and D305 to junction 42 of the A16.
Bonne route,
Paul

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
My daughter and I stayed at one very close to Calais for five nights last week - just before the weather worsened. I wrote an account of it for another forum. Here's a copy:-
Camping Les Epinettes.
Here's a pleasant site just a stone's throw from Calais. It's in the village of Peuplingues and less than four miles from Eurotunnel. Since I first ventured into Europe in 1979 my first night has always been spent well beyond the Pas-de-Calais. But I decided that it was worth spending a week in the area. Having stopped at Les Epinettes overnight in March, I chose the site for my week.

The site caters for touring caravans and also mobile homes – some for site letting and others privately owned. A few pitches are also occupied by touring vans parked long term. Pitches are generous in size and separated by high hedges. There are two toilet blocks which also house washing machines and driers. Showers, washing machines and driers are all operated by purchased tokens. The chemical toilet emptying facility is also within the toilet block but has no separate water hose nearby. Rubbish bins and recycling facilities are to the side of the toilet block. Site fees for my daughter and I were a modest 12.50 Euros including a good electricity supply which has modern three pin connectors.

The site is situated at the end of a cul-de-sac on the outskirts of the village so the surroundings are quiet and peaceful. There are several broad, sandy beaches nearby, the nearest being at Escalles – about 2 miles away. The Calais Auchan is 4 miles.

Maybe the reception is open longer in busy periods but when I was there (early June) the office was only open between 6.30 and 7 in the evenings.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Never had aproblem at Ben Assise always had a large pitch with water and EHU close by but we always book ahead. They take ACSI CC too. If travelling via Tunnel it is just 15-20 minutes to the Terminal.which is a doddle

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
If you are only looking for an overnight with an early next day sailing, I suggest you "legs down" at the ferry port itself.

Very safe and free.

TRENDING THREADS