Site near Eurotunnel Folkestone?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Am looking for somewhere to overnight in our motorhome on a Sunday before an early monday morning (07:00) crossing. Ideally we'd like it to be within walking distance of a family friendly pub/restaurant! Any ideas?....

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Richard

Been there twice. I would say they serve Pub Grub and is a welcome stop after a long drive M25 etc. because of delays on M25 we now always travel to Dover the afternoon the day before we sail. missed a ferry once.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not been there, but a very quick bit of reserach on Google has come up with The Black Horse Inn, 366 Canterbury Road, Densole, Folkestone, Kent, CT18 7BG‎ - 01303 892263‎.

Amazing how easy it is to utilise Google!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Many thanks for all the help. i called the Pub - they do serve food until 9pm on a Sunday - phew! If anyone has eaten there recently would love a view or two....!!

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
Many thanks for all the help. i called the Pub - they do serve food until 9pm on a Sunday - phew! If anyone has eaten there recently would love a view or two....!!
In the nearby village there is also a chip shop, indian and chinese takeaway, however even if for only one night and to save cooking doesn't really matter too much what the food is like as long as you don't have to do the dishes!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just an update - we did eat at the Black Horse opposite the campsite and it was great. Good food, nice variety - even appealed to a fussy daughter!, good beer and wine. Great value. Would definitely recommend and will certainly return.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts