Site near M6 f

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone suggest a site located near the M6 in the Lancashire section as we are going to Scotland in the summer & want to pull in for a night (needs to accept dogs. We are ideally looking for something just of the motorway around juntions 30 - 32.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sarah

A bit further up the M6 from where you are planning to stop there is a proper caravan site at the Westmorland services at Tebay, it's just north of junction 38. I have not stayed there but I have called in at the services and access from the M6 couldn't be easier. I have also seen a good review of it on another caravan and camping web-site.

Rose

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi have a look on the www.5van.co.uk as some nice sites for the lakes and there is the campingandcaravan club site at kendal nice site and not far from jun 36

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sarah

There are some nice sites around Garstang and Scorton (off Junction 32)which we use for weekend stays (all accept dogs)as we live in Preston. I could recommend 2 quiet but friendly CLs - one with toilet/shower (adult only) and one without, or a fully serviced site. Two of the three are within walking distance of a village pub which serves food and also welcomes dogs. I could e-mail you further details if you like?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sarah

There are some nice sites around Garstang and Scorton (off Junction 32)which we use for weekend stays (all accept dogs)as we live in Preston. I could recommend 2 quiet but friendly CLs - one with toilet/shower (adult only) and one without, or a fully serviced site. Two of the three are within walking distance of a village pub which serves food and also welcomes dogs. I could e-mail you further details if you like?
Hi, thanks for the info.Could you let me know the name of the cl site with the toilet facilities and also the fully serviced site - then I can track down the full details from the web.

Thanks again, Sarah

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the info.Could you let me know the name of the cl site with the toilet facilities and also the fully serviced site - then I can track down the full details from the web.

Thanks again, Sarah
Sarah, the cl doesn't have a website but if you ring Margaret on 01995 640376 she will gladly send you a brochure - very friendly and easy to find from J 32, just south of Garstang. The fully serviced site is Claylands - a bit further up the A6, just north of Garstang - see www.claylands-caravan-park.co.uk. It is mainly a touring park but has a number of touring pitches too. There is a nice area to walk dogs dowm by the river and it is a short walk across 2 fields into the village of Scorton. Enjoy your stay wherever you end up!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Sarah, the cl doesn't have a website but if you ring Margaret on 01995 640376 she will gladly send you a brochure - very friendly and easy to find from J 32, just south of Garstang. The fully serviced site is Claylands - a bit further up the A6, just north of Garstang - see www.claylands-caravan-park.co.uk. It is mainly a touring park but has a number of touring pitches too. There is a nice area to walk dogs dowm by the river and it is a short walk across 2 fields into the village of Scorton. Enjoy your stay wherever you end up!
Apologies - re Claylands I meant to say it is mainly a static park! Time I went to bed!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sarah,

If you are willing to travel up to Junct.36,the Caravan Club have a site at Meathop Fell which is only 15mins.from the Junction which admits non-members as well.

Junct.37 both clubs have sites near here,and there is an adult only site less than 3miles from this juntion also.It has a web site also....Name of site is The Ashes Caravan Park, New Hutton, Cumbria LA8 OAS, Tel no.01539 731 833.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts