Site needed near Stirling

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
I'm going away on business next week to Bridge of Allan which is near Stirling in Scotland. As a change (and because I could not find a hotel I like there) I thought I'd tow the van up there for 3 or 4 days as its still a novelty.

As a CC member I'm aware of 'The Woods' site but would like to know of any alternatives. I probably need Wi-Fi but its not essential. I will have to contact any sites direct to see what mobile phone coverage they have as I may have to work in the 'van a bit.

Many thanks

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Hi Ian,There is another site nearer to Stirling

www.witchescraig.co.uk which is supposed to be good.....I believe it is a 5 star but have never used it.It is right beside a busy main road which might not appeal to you.

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Ian,

Sorry, not sure from the Wi-Fi access, but agree with Maureen, Witches Craig is excellent and there are pitches well away from the road.

I would also suggest The Gart in Callander.

Cheers,

Alex.

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
dont think witches craig or gart are open yet the end of the month i think ,i know the site im seasonal on at bannonckburn opens 1st april

myra

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Witches Craig is very convienient for Bridge of Allan as it is basically along the road. Not sure about opening yet though. There is also Cuthill Brae which is in a lovely walled garden on the Doune side of Stirling. As you come into Doune from Stirling there is a side maybe called Ashfield or something which I am sure is open now. Its beside the road but convienient.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Witches Craig is very convienient for Bridge of Allan as it is basically along the road. Not sure about opening yet though. There is also Cuthill Brae which is in a lovely walled garden on the Doune side of Stirling. As you come into Doune from Stirling there is a side maybe called Ashfield or something which I am sure is open now. Its beside the road but convienient.
Perhaps that site is called Ashmill at Doune

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
Many thanks for all of your suggestions. Witches Craig looked very convenient but unfortunately is not open until April. I will have to stay at the CC site in Fishcross.

I think there may be a pub close by :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts