Site suggestions Eastbourne/Brighton area

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm looking for a site that's easily accessible, near a dog friendly beach and a pub that is within walking distance. I've put Brighton and Eastbourne however I'm open to any suggestions especially over to the south east.
Thanks in advance
Jake

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
At the moment I‘d avoid that entire coast line if it‘s beaches you are after. Southern Water has reportedly dumped thousands of gallons of sewage “by accident “🤮🤮

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
At the moment I‘d avoid that entire coast line if it‘s beaches you are after. Southern Water has reportedly dumped thousands of gallons of sewage “by accident “🤮🤮
They acknowledge it was released deliberately, as they're allowed to do, in conditions of excessive rainfall as parts of the South-East have experienced recently.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Like everything else it is a question of money.
People no longer want to accept what has been normal practice of discharging sewerage into the sea after heavy rain fall.
The water companies have a huge task to clean up the Victorian systems.
Here is an example of what is involved.......

Southern Water has built Europe’s largest storm water storage tunnel, 4.8km (3 miles) long, 6m (20ft) in diameter and 30m (100ft) under the seafront at Brighton, to stop pollution during storm conditions. Where once the overflow outfall discharged directly into the sea alongside Palace Pier water now drops down 100 foot shaft into the new storage tunnel.
Built at vast expense.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Like everything else it is a question of money.
People no longer want to accept what has been normal practice of discharging sewerage into the sea after heavy rain fall.
The water companies have a huge task to clean up the Victorian systems.
Here is an example of what is involved.......

Southern Water has built Europe’s largest storm water storage tunnel, 4.8km (3 miles) long, 6m (20ft) in diameter and 30m (100ft) under the seafront at Brighton, to stop pollution during storm conditions. Where once the overflow outfall discharged directly into the sea alongside Palace Pier water now drops down 100 foot shaft into the new storage tunnel.
Built at vast expense.
Where does it go then? Is it pumped back to the treatment plant for processing?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Just don't go swimming in the sea when the brown flag is flying 💩

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We had a helicopter pilot flying out to the Morcambe bay gas field, and reported an oil spill a half mile off shore of Fleetwood, another pilot asked were there seagulls in it, Yes the reply came back, It is not oil then. !!! It now has a Blue flag rating.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts