Site suggestions needed: Northern France or Belgium?

Aug 20, 2006
Visit site
My Wife and I have booked a ferry crossing from Calais to Dunkirk in September, to take our caravan abroad for the first time.

Trying to find a reasonable site seems to be a nightmare!

We don't want much. Somewhere near a beach, that will take a dog (the site AND the beach!), that has clean shower blocks that don't cost the earth and, is only an hour or two from the ferry port for the first time away! A pool would be a bonus too.

Most of the sites we've found seem to be multi hundred pitch commercial sites, or miles from the beach.

Can anyone recommend anywhere suitable for us?

Thanks,

Lee.

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
At that time of year get the ACSI book/card, no need to book, and everywhere _15 per night or less, see www.campingcard.com

How about southern Holland? Camping Westhove nr Domburg has a super leisure pool complex, and last time we were there we had the whole place to ourselves, all included in the _15

The area is quite interesting and the towns are pleasant, take your bikes!

Otherwise there are dozens of places to try, have fun!

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
ACSI camping card have a site at Jabbeke in Belgium, quite near to Brugge. We have not been there ourselves but heard people who have enjoyed it. Never had a bad ACSI camping card site yet. It is 15 euros per night, (at the moment

Jul 6, 2007
Visit site
At that time of the year you could also try www.campingcheque.com-several sites onear the coast in Belgium or you could go a bit further into Netherlands. We are off soon to Delft.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Lee

In September I would seriously look at the Camping Cheques (www.campingcheque.co.uk), Touring Cheques (www.touringcheque.co.uk) and ACSI (www.campingcard.com)sites - they may appear big and commercial sites, but in September will be very quiet and pleasant places to be (most sites, anyway) and most sites have a pool. You'll pay 11, 13 or 15 euros for ACSI sites, or

Aug 20, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Sorry for the delay answering, been having connection problems :(

Not finally decided yet, but we're going to run through all the suggestions and see what we get!

Cheers,

Lee.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts