Site wanted near Barnsley

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

We have just become the proud owners of our first caravan, a 2002 Sterling Sapphire, and are looking to make our first trip (well, other than sleeping in it the first night we got it, on the driveway - it just had to be done!!!) Anyway we thought we'd visit some friends in Barnsley but can't find may sites in the north part of the peak district. The only one we like the look of so far is Holme Valley - does anyone have any experience of this, would it be a good first time site?

Any ideas or advice welcome

Thanks

Michelle

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

There's a caravan site near the National Trust Nostell Priory on the South side of Wakefield. Not sure if it still takes touring caravans, some people we know stopped there a few years ago while having work done on their home. Would not take long to get from Nostell Priory to Barnsley, Nostell Priory is a nice place to visit.

Annette

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
Michelle

There's a Caravan Club CL adjacent to M1 junction 38 just north of Barnsley. I'd imagine its a bit noisy, but is next to Bretton country park, which is very nice. A few miles along the road towards Huddersfield from jct 38, there is a Caravan and Camping Club CL at Flockton. Very quiet I would think. Handy for visiting the National Mining Museum. Both the sites are members only of the respective clubs. Also have a look on www.ukcampsites.co.uk under Barnsley. There is a site listed at Cawthorne.

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
Michelle - I know the Holme Valley site too, but only from walking past it. The ukcampsites reviews seem pretty accurate. It is in the valley bottom and therefore would be quite shady/gloomy in my opinion. Holmfirth is a couple of miles, and is of course now a well known tourist spot. BTW, the Cawthorne site is also a CCC members only CL.

(as you may gather, I live in this area!)

Jun 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi, you could try this site. I used to play near here as a child and its still here!- I'm 40 now so they must be doing something right. You can read reviews on Ukcampsite.co.uk just search Greensprings touring caravan park.

Greensprings Touring Caravan Park

Rockley Abbey Farm

Rockley Lane

Worsbrough

Barnsley

South Yorkshire

S75 3DS

Tel: 01226 288298

Pitches: 60

Open: April To October

Thanks Dave

TRENDING THREADS