Site wont take continental caravans ?

Oct 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi

In many years of owing firstly Eriba's then hymer caravans we've visited many sites.
But we were looking at booking one and in the small print they don't accept continental caravans, I've never heard of this before, is this a new thing? 🤔

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'd say that it's a roundabout way of barring members of the travelling community who often use Hobby or Knaus caravans from the site without openly breaking laws against discrimination.
If you want to stay there, telephone them before making a booking.

Oct 16, 2020
Visit site
I did wonder that, although I didn't think hymer were a popular caravan for that, hobby is the one springs to mind as you say.
The way it's worded on the website, they don't want them as the door is on the "wrong" side.
I will have to ring them I guess, was a little nervous about being turned away :oops:

Reactions: Parksy
May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi
It could be a way of ensuring travelers don't come on site or could also be a safety reason as a UK caravan with awning next to a continental caravan could possibly be too close, wold definitely ring the site for an explanation

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

In many years of owing firstly Eriba's then hymer caravans we've visited many sites.
But we were looking at booking one and in the small print they don't accept continental caravans, I've never heard of this before, is this a new thing? 🤔
Because caravan sites are private property, the owner/operators of the site have the absolute right to refuse entry on any grounds that does not fall foul of the equal opportunity or racism regulations.

If their site is tight on space, they may need to be careful about keeping the required distance between caravans, and continental vans with the entrance and awning on the "wrong" side may be impossible to fit on a single pitch, and maintain the required safety distance to the adjacent caravans.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I do not think t is a way of controlling longer caravans. That can be done easily by asking the length when you book just as the two clubs do. It is simply a way of keeping travelers out as is a ban on commercial vehicles.
Most sites will consider you if you ring.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts