Sites Feeling the pinch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Its strange as i was actually thinking the opposite to the orginal post.

Im not talking seasonal, but rather weekender or week trips etc.

A group of freinds have just bought a caravan and tent and weve joined with them for some social trips this year. Im still learning the towing thing so only going to join them on local trips in Northumberland. All looking bright for this year.
smiley-cool.gif

This spured me on to look at a trip at easter. Oh my god!!!!!.
smiley-surprised.gif

I know its the first holiday break of the year and the royal wedding etc and people making the most of the strange bank hliday arrangement but most sites ive looked at are charging £28 a night. For two people. PLUS.... £2.50 for an awning, and £2.50 for our 6 year old as he now falls outside the under 5's bracket. Thats £33 a night. This is for a 'typical' family run site, not a commercial swimming pool and entertianment type place.

As ive typed that, ive actually changed my mind totally. I think the number will be down, but only because the site fees are now so high on some sites. I know there are options such as CL's but being new to carvanning, an old van with no shower or hot water, a 6month old girl and a 6 year old boy who judges holidays based on the quality of playground, im limited!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Andy
Many C&CC certified sites have at least one toilet shower with hot water because the C&CC also caters for tent campers who need these facilities. The price structure of certified sites is within the reach of most people and the C&CC site finder allows you to pre select online via tick boxes certified sites with the amenities that you require.
Many families with young children also attend C&CC district association rallies which allow people to maximise the use of their caravan without a large cost penalty. There is often something laid on for the children during Bank Holidays, they usually make friends with the other children and they never seem to miss playgrounds or swimming pools. They play together in a safe environment where someone on the rally can always see them and are out in the fresh air most of the time.

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Parksy,

Weve been members of the C&CC for about 5 years now, tent members for the first 4. Ive seen the district assoc rallies but for some reaosn our area, ie northumberland, seems very quiet. They also seem to pitch in locations very strange like rugby club ground etc. They nearly all say 'own san ess' which puts me off also.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You could attend any d.a. meet Andy, if your local one is quiet try the next nearest! Some da's have lot's of children and others hardly any.
Don't be too put off by the 'strange' locations, these are often in places where camping is not normally allowed but there is more often than not a good reason for the choice such as a local market, a good clubhouse with entertainment or great scenery, fishing or golf.
The 'own sanitation' could be a bit tricky, some of our da meets have toilets and showers available otherwise we use our own facilities (and plenty of loo chemical
smiley-wink.gif
) but there is always an elsan point so the toilet cassette or porta potti can be emptied and cleaned whenever necessary.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts