Sites for visiting Paris

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Going to Loire in a couple of weeks. Can anyone recommend any sites on the western side of Paris that would be convenient for getting the train into the City. Don't want to get too close to Paris with the van!

Thanks

Rob

Jun 18, 2006
Visit site
Rob

Closest site is Bois de Bolougne - on West side of Paris. Very convenient indeed. You must book ahead and pay a deposit.

We had never taken our caravan overseas before and we found it easy with the French autoroute from Calais - and using a good SatNav (TomTom 930T Europe).

From the site entrance there is a direct shuttle bus into Paris then its easy on the Metro or buses.

Only problem is this site is pricey - see their website - with our twin axle van we had an extra 35 Euros per night to pay on top of the basic price - total was nearly 90 euros a night!

In addition the toilet / shower blocks have seen better days but are just adequate, and there are big queues in the office for information tickets or even just booking in etc.

Hope this helps

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
Can't help much I'm afraid - most people I know seem to stay at Les Quatre Vents, but that's near Disneyland and on the wrong side of Paris for you. If nobody comes up with any other recommendations, you could look at these 2 sites -

www.huttopia.com/en/Versailles_versailles_paris_campsite.html

http://www.heliomonde.fr/(Camping Cheques site)

John M

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Heliomonde (mentioned in the above posting) is a naturist site!

We've stayed at Camping International at Maisons Lafitte - which is a just about OK campsite, in a beautiful suburb of Paris, and near to a train station. It's alongside the Seine, pitches are a good size, but the toilet blocks (when we last were there some years ago) could have done with a bit of TLC.

We've also stayed at Huttopia at Rambouillet - a bit further out still, and liked that site - although it's very wooded and shady. Toilet facilities were first class though. Also takes Camping Cheques.

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Heliomonde (mentioned in the above posting) is a naturist site!

We've stayed at Camping International at Maisons Lafitte - which is a just about OK campsite, in a beautiful suburb of Paris, and near to a train station. It's alongside the Seine, pitches are a good size, but the toilet blocks (when we last were there some years ago) could have done with a bit of TLC.

We've also stayed at Huttopia at Rambouillet - a bit further out still, and liked that site - although it's very wooded and shady. Toilet facilities were first class though. Also takes Camping Cheques.
Thanks Folks,

We've been to Huttopia before, excellent for Versaille. I'll get checking on the others, but I'll give the naturist one a miss!!!

Thanks again

Rob

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
Sorry about the Heliomonde mention. The Camping Cheques website has 2 buttons close together and I obviously hit the wrong one! The one I meant to hit was http://www.villageparisien.com/ which is nearby. Sorry! It was late and I was obviously tired!

John M

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts