Sites in France for Christmas

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
We are looking for a site in France that is open over Christmas and is not too far from Paris.

All of the sites we have stayed at before are closed ( in fact we cannot find that is open at all )
We are looking for a larger site if possible ( not a field and a tap type ) but any recommendations would be appreciated

Andy

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Surely this post should be in the "Overseas parks & touring" section?
For some strange reason the software often adds new threads to the New Members message board by default, regardless of which message board the O/P attempts to post in.
We simply move the stray topics back to a more appropriate message board when we see them :)

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Parksy said:
For some strange reason the software often adds new threads to the New Members message board by default, regardless of which message board the O/P attempts to post in.

Nothing wrong with the software see here :cheer:

I think it's user error, not selecting the correct topic from the drop down menu. ;)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
Parksy said:

Nothing wrong with the software see here :cheer:

I think it's user error, not selecting the correct topic from the drop down menu. ;)
That may sometimes be the case Sir WC but I've had the thread switch to New Members myself when I added a reply to an existing thread, so perhaps the issue is intermittent or the tekkies repair it from time to time but it reverts to it's old ways. :huh:
Whatever the reason it's not a major problem and we can easily move any thread to any message board if they appear in the wrong place :cheer:
P.S. I hadn't seen the 'problem topic' earlier because I was flogging my guts out at the gym so that I can smugly refuse cake and other goodies at the forthcoming gathering :lol:

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Getting a bit off track here, arn't we?

To return to the original topic, have a look at the ACSI site and do a search for places that are open during the dates required. Be warned, however, there is not a lot.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
It will be interesting to see what other people say about this site - last time I stayed in it (ok, it was in the 70's) the Bois de Boulogne was not a nice place to be. Hopefully, they will have cleaned up the place.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.......a lot of French camp sites previously run by local government are being passed over to the private sector for much needed investment.
Bois de Boulogne has been taken over by Huttopia and the link I provided to the website describes their recent upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts