SITES IN LA TRANCHE

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
Can anybody help!

We are going to France and looking for a site in the La Tranche area from 13 Sep 10.

This is our first trip overseas and we have a 2 year old - does anybody have any suggestions? I have tried to contact a couple of the sites to ascertain if the facilities (mainly swimming pool and bar) are open during this period but they do not speak english, I have also emailed but will wait out. We want to be close to the beach and are stopping en-route from Bordeaux to Samur and this seemed a pleasant location, but open to other ideas from you 'pros'!

Many thanks

Chip

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi Chip
We too are looking at going to La Tranche next year.
A campsite that I have found is called "Camping Bel".
It only has 200 pitches, a lovely pool area and seems to be a quiet campsite and more suited to smaller children. I have read lots of excellent reviews on various websites.
Hope this helps
Sam

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi.
We went to La Tranche last year and stayed at Camping Baie D'Aunis. My French isn't too bad but they do speak English.Lovely site only 2 minutes walk from the beach. Nice pool and toddlers pool as well. Restaurant and bar on site. No shop but you can get bread and croissants from reception every morning. Its only open until 19th September though. We are off to Normandy on Friday for one week and are planning to head back to La Tranche for our second week.
Hope that helps.
Fiona and John

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi,
I meant to leave these links to the campsite and the webcams which cover the beach areas at La Tranche.
<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Comic Sans MS"; panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:script; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:647 0 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Comic Sans MS"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; mso-ansi-language:EN-GB; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->
http://www.ot-latranchesurmer.fr/webcam/webcam_aunis.htm

http://www.camping-baiedaunis.com/
Fiona and John

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi, we've just had a fantastic 2 week holiday in August at Bel, most of the positive feedback i read was "Spot on".
Nice family run site, my 2 boys (7 & 5 yrs) loved every minute !
Great swimming pool (Main & small pool for toddlers) nice bar area with plenty of play parks scattered around the site. The pitches are nicely secluded and the site / toilets / showers are kept Immaculately clean.
The main beach is 5/10 mins walk from the site, although we preferred La Terriere which is a 15 min bike ride along the coast, mainly for the surfing / body boarding !
La Tranche town is 15 min walk along the seafront, which is a cracking place to eat, lots of good restaurants.
Overaul, we loved the site and the area and are definitely going to rebook for next year !
Steve.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts