Sites in Lincolnshire

BryonySymes

Administrator
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone!

We're doing a feature on Lincolnshire for the next issue, and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for sites we should include? Can be big touring and holiday parks, CLs, CSs - any size as long as it's a great place to stay!

Thanks in advance for your help.

B

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Can highly recommend Corner Farm CAMC Cl Addlethorpe,Skegness,garden centre on site and showers and toilets but the best part is the cafe that does fab food and great roast that you can take back to the van.Another lovely cl is West View in South Cockerington near Louth,showers and toilets on site and pitching is in a lovely garden area,bliss.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi Bryony,

Good to hear from you, the last Woosie-Fest was at Woodthorpe Touring Park near Alford.

Sorry I cannot give a link as I am getting a "400 Bad Request" ( -anyone know how to fix that?).

Anyway, it was very good, bit pricey, CDP was of exceptional standard, best I've seen.

The fully serviced pitches got things a little wrong with regard to siting of water supplygrey waste disposalelectricity points in relation to where the outletsinlets were on most UK caravans, not a huge problem but many of us had to make a fair bit of DIY adjustments (thanks Gabsgrandad for all the spares).

Clean park no problems, good bar and good beer, food was also good, I say good because I think I was the only one out of fourteen who chose the duff menu item; I did however enjoy the very reasonably priced and rather delicious Sunday Carvery.

All in all I really liked Woodthorpe.

John

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Anseo said:
Hi Bryony,

Good to hear from you, the last Woosie-Fest was at Woodthorpe Touring Park near Alford.

Sorry I cannot give a link as I am getting a "400 Bad Request" ( -anyone know how to fix that?).

Anyway, it was very good, bit pricey, CDP was of exceptional standard, best I've seen.

The fully serviced pitches got things a little wrong with regard to siting of water supplygrey waste disposalelectricity points in relation to where the outletsinlets were on most UK caravans, not a huge problem but many of us had to make a fair bit of DIY adjustments (thanks Gabsgrandad for all the spares).

Clean park no problems, good bar and good beer, food was also good, I say good because I think I was the only one out of fourteen who chose the duff menu item; I did however enjoy the very reasonably priced and rather delicious Sunday Carvery.

All in all I really liked Woodthorpe.

John

Did you see Woodthorpe Hall (on that 90 bend entering from the south) where one of my relatives Lord Woodthorpe de Woodthorpe lived in the 11th century?
Ah, fame at last!

You might like to look up Bainland Park on the Horncastle Road just NE of Woodhall Spa. Has good facilities including pool and restaurant. Woodhall Spa is an interesting and very busy small town, famous for the fact that the Petwood Hotel was the officers mess for Woodhall Spa airfield during WWII and IMSMC where one of the many films about the RAF in WWII was made. There is an Air Museum at East Kirby where they ahve and run up the engines of a Lancaster, and the present RAF Coningsby where the Typhoon intercepters live that chase the Russian bombers off the east coast.

There also used to be a CL (EHU and water, that's all) called Eastwood House on the north west corner of the junction at the east end of the High Street in Fulletby.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I also liked Woodthorpe and would endorse all the above. Another nice site is Wolds Veiw. An adults only site, not very big, with a great shower block, a little cafe and some really nice owners.
Mel

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Wagtail Country Park is a decent site near the A1, but access is down a narrow lane with passing places that might put some people off.

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi, another site is Dakota Park CL, especially for plane spotters as it virtually on the end of RAF Coningsby runway.
Bit noisy if you don't like planes brilliant if you do.

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
We love the Camper UK Leisure Park, about a mile from Swinethorpe (which in turn is a tiny village in the middle of nowhere, and all the better for it). The site has (I think) 12 hardstanding and 12 grass pitches, lovely facilities and a fishing lake. The incredible city of Lincoln is about a 20 minute drive away and the site lay a minibus on for the annual Christmas market. This gave me the freedom to drink about my entire bodily fluid content in warm mulled wine, which made shopping a lot less painful!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts