sites in portugal

Jul 9, 2005
Visit site
hello, we are off to portugal for 4 weeks next year.

has anyone information on sites between bilbao/ lisbon (half way) for stopover. sites on lisbon coast and sites in the algarve.

lisbon coast and algarve i would like direct access to beaches or a short walk, and for sites to have swimming pools. grateful for any info. kevin.

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Doylie

Last March I drove back from Portugal and was recommended to stop at Salamanca as a good stopover. this we did and there is a very imposing hotel which we used, but part of the complex is a caravan site, A bit basic but perfect for a night stop, there were several Brit outfits there. the site is called Savta Marta de Tormes and is not fare from the N501 road. If you have the CCC winter hols book its on page 41 under Regio.I was driving solo in a big 4x4 and was surprised at how long the drive through Spain took, I would not want to say the roads were poor but I was pleased to get to France and their toll roads.

Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
Another site in Salamanca is www.campingmutadelplata.com. On the Northern ring road with a bus to town at the gate. Also stayed at Evora a good site and a heritage town.

Aug 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi there

One reply to this query was from David, he was talking about Armacao de Pera site, can you tell me which town or village this is near David, sounds like just the place when we visit Portugal in March. I emailed them and they sent a very 'fuzzy' price list so I couldn't make it out properly. Is this a C& C site or not?

tks, Carole

Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
We stayed there this year and as far as I can recall it is a privately owned site. It is near Albufeira and it has very few marked pitches, which means that you can park wherever you like.

Jul 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi,There is a lovely camp site just outside Lagos called turiscampo which takes camping cheques. From salamanca there is a camp site at Evora in Portugal then take the N road down from there, if you go over towards lisbon and take the motorway down to the algarve it is very expensive.

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
We paid over 40 euros toll on the motorway from Lisbon to the Algarve this year!! I was told that the N road was a good alternative.

I can second that Turiscampo is a very good site - but about 5km from the nearest beach. ...but the water in the sea and pool will be "freezing" in March.

Keith

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts