Sites in the Scottish Borders

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are taking a 3 day break around mid November,usually go to CC site at Melrose,which is excellent but would like to try somewhere else around the borders area.

Any recommendations would be welcome.

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
John

I have just come back from Brighouse Bay (Dunfries & Galloway)its a nice site, granted I am a bit biased because the site has sea for my jet ski. But never the less worth a visit.

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
John

I have just come back from Brighouse Bay (Dunfries & Galloway)its a nice site, granted I am a bit biased because the site has sea for my jet ski. But never the less worth a visit.
Sorry Can't spell Dumfries

Oct 3, 2005
Visit site
hi john

would like to mention 2 sites in peebles

rosetta a large site with good facilities

and crossburn smaller site but good pitches

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Being a member of the Caravan Club with extremely high standards,we now expect the same on other sites.Recently spent a weekend at Crossburn caravan site in Peebles.Our pitch was pleasant enough but we did not like the facilities which were available.Went to have a look at the site at Rosetta and were not very impressed with that either.Wouldn't choose to go back again.....would rather stay at Melrose.

Apr 27, 2005
Visit site
If you like the borders try "Lidalia Caravan Park" at Newcastleton. Sited in the middle of the village, like Melrose. Has 2 hotels a pub and british legion within 10min walk. Village has everything you need butchers, bakers, newsagent etc.

Has riverside walks and forrest nearby.

Only 25m from Carlisle if you want shopping.

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lidalia also has its own web-site.We stopped on this site 3 yrs ago,and were very happy there.The owner works very hard to keep everything spotless.It is on the site of a disused railway.

The web-site is :-

www.lidalia.co.uk

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you don't mind a CL, try the one at kelso leisure Centre Mr P Hottinger - CC guide page 491 - entry on the red block.

All hard standing, electics, great view, indoor pool etc. available at a charge, 3 miles Kelso - excellent.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Why don't you try the River Breamish CC Site although I think it will be closed for the season. its a grand site and not very far fom Wooler and Coldstream and Kelso and of course the Border area.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts