Sites near to Bath?

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Now I know my 2024 holidays we're looking to book up for next year and fancied going to Bath at Easter. Unfortunately for Chew Valley you have to book 7 nights, not the 5 I wanted and it's nearly £450!

Anyone got any other sites in the area they've been to and would recommend? We use the caravan bathroom so all-singing and dancing sites etc aren't strictly necessary but would consider anything that isn't going to require selling body parts to pay for it.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
There is only one CL in Bath and I would advise avoiding it like the Plague! BUT there is a commercial site just off the A4 Newbridge Road and right opposite the P+R - Bath Waterside and Marina. Have never stayed there so cannot comment about it.
There is a C&CC site at Seend near Devizes, and a very good CL at Alice Street Farm near Frome (highly recommended).

Reactions: GaryB

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Can also recommend the Cand CC site at Devises. Serviced pitches and bus outside the gate takes you to Bath. Not sure how cheap it is though.
Not been to the Bungalow Farm CL, but it appears to be near Bath
mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There’s Plough Lane site north of Chippenham. Good reputation over many years. Regular buses every 20 minutes into Bath from Chippenham and trains every 30 minutes. Although we use the Lansdowne P&P into Bath center.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Thanks folks, we’ve gone for Devizes, also helped after realising we’ve got a C&CC voucher after recommending friends joined! Every little helps & all that.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Good choice. Nice walk up the canal ( bit steep past the locks) into Devises town.
Enjoy
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks folks, we’ve gone for Devizes, also helped after realising we’ve got a C&CC voucher after recommending friends joined! Every little helps & all that.
A lovely site, The magpies on the entrance and about a mile down the canal, away from Devises, another couple of lovely pubs with great food.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
If the OP likes the Devizes area there is a superb CL at Church Farm, Stanton St Bernard about 4½ miles E of Devizes on the Pewsey road. Spacious, very quiet, good free wi-fi, strong TV signal, serviced pitches, 100yd walk to the Kennet & Avon Canal. and a 20min walk either way along the canal to a pub. Looks up to the Pewsey Vale Downs and the Alton Barnes White Horse. Lots of NT places to visit within about 10-15 miles.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Try this Marsh Farm caravan site
The OP has already said that he is going to the Seend site near to Devizes. Regular buses to Bath, two pubs within walking distance, towpath walks/cycling on Kennet and Avon canal. Walking via canal Caen Flight to Devizes.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The OP has already said that he is going to the Seend site near to Devizes. Regular buses to Bath, two pubs within walking distance, towpath walks/cycling on Kennet and Avon canal. Walking via canal Caen Flight to Devizes.
The idea was to provide options/choices for future breaks to enjoy, no other reason.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The idea was to provide options/choices for future breaks to enjoy, no other reason.
It is a nice site in a good location. I used to live about 2 miles away and only 100m from the towpath, so know the area very well. There are two pubs close by just along the canal, and a third in Hilperton village that serves Nepali Gurkha dishes in the evenings. The area around is riven with places to visit and enjoy.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It may matter as many sites change a lot in the space of a 2-3 years.
I think we all understand that, but when you get a new site that you haven't seen before I tend to go to www.ukcampsite.co.uk and see what reviews the site has had, and make a decision from there.
Do you suggest only sites you have been to in the last 6 months, of course not.
What is good for one person may not suit another.
As BB says, Each to their own.

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts