Sites with dog kennels?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
no,i do like dogs,but!!! if you decide to have a dog,as the advert says a dog is for life not for xmas.a comment about babysitting,yes i have had babysitters but have never taken the kids on holiday and then let someone else look after them while iv'e gone and done my own thing.if i couldn't do it with the kids i didn't do it as simple as that.if i had a dog and couldn't go somewhere with the dog i wouldn't go.just picture a dog behind bars wimpering as you left it,then picture kids behind those same bars,maybe different to you, but same ending to me.don't do to the dog you wouldnt do for your kids.it ends here

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can't see the problem with putting dogs in kennels. Much better in hot weather to be laying on cool ground under shelter rather than having to walk around in very hot weather during the day.

As a mother and a committed dog owner, can we please stop comparing dogs to children the only comparison I can think of is that dogs are in our care and so are our children - in my opinion (just my thoughts on the matter, please don't abuse me for that).

Lisa

Mar 29, 2007
Visit site
Back to answering the original question....we recently stayed at Slate Barns, just down the road from Roslin Chapel, and wanted to go into Edinburgh for the day. Our dog doesn't "do" cities so we asked at Reception if they had any details of local kennels which took day boarders.

They were able to oblige, so our dog had a happy day with lots of other canine company and we were able to walk around Edinburgh, go in the new Scottish Parliament, Holyrood Palace etc. Another benefit of using these kennels was that the bus stop into Edinburgh city centre was right outside and they let us park our car there for the day. The cost was

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
Glebelands a cl in catsfield near bexhill offer a dog sitting service.which I think is quite novel,but my little jack russel would be heartbroken if he could not be with us all the time,he is part of the family.Mind you if you had a large dog it would be unfair to keep it locked in the car for more than half an hour,neither could I leave a dog in the van or awning while I go out for the day.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
We have two Labradors which we take everywhere with us. It real is down to personal choice and how the dogs react as to wether you use a kennel or not.

However I realy do wish that some members of the public would first of all understand about dogs and their owners and what length a genuine owner will go to to give their dog a good life. Before they chip in their ten peneth of critisisum.

I have adapted our estate car so that the dogs have fan assisted air conditioning and also shaded the windows to protect them from the sun. I also even swapped all the gear over from my father-in-laws car to allow the rear window to open with the tailgate shut.

But still I have to endure sarky comment about dogs in cars. You see I even stay with the dogs to ensure all is well. If I dare to stray from the car we usually find a note under the windscreeen wiper to state the obvious. Yep, that we have dogs in the car.

While I do see people leaving dogs in cars without regard I do find it annoying that everyone is tarred with the same brush.

Why not pick on the geezer we saw park his convertable merc under the dog shaded parking area at the Eden Project. He stole a cool shaded car port space designed specifically for dog owners.

We take as much care over the quality of life of our animals as we wouldour children, and often will miss out places that are not dog friendly. Take a look down your high street today and count the number of dog bowels outside shops, it won't take you long or require a calculator to add up the count!!

Our dogs enjoy a holiday just as much as we do and they show their appreciation too.

Steve L.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts