Skiing?

Sep 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

I have looked into this previously and have found the best results by googling caravanneige, which basically means, caravanning in the winter, France comes up as a favourite ( Grand bornand) although there are sites in Austria, which are seriously geared up for winter sports, with the lifts climbing straight over the campsites, on one website.
The Germans apparently are big into wintersports and caravans.
From a monetary exercise thought, depending on how many of you will be going, the package deal will take some beating ( free child spaces) followed by the self drive and the self catering with apartment rental, there's so much choice, so as much as I enjoy caravanning the potential of -17 overnight in a caravan (January-Febuary) doesn't sound appealing. Although skiing in france this year, (middle of March) was similiar to a British summers day, with a group of French students skiing in their underpants! it was that warm. If your a seasoned skier, then I haven't told you anything new, but I would be interested in how you get on.
So basically pick the date carefully, I also seem to remember that it is popular with Motorcaravans, who tend to have their own section to the carpark, I didn't see any electrical hookups though? or caravans, so I would imagine that it will need to be the caravan site.

Regards Paul.

Jan 17, 2005
Visit site
I've looked ino it as well and if you want to go in the school holidays (effectively one week in Feb, although sometimes Easter depending on when it is), then it can work out cheaper but not much.

For example, I priced up a package deal next Feb half-term for a family of 4 and it came out to about £2,400 for a basic, self-catered apartment (flying and not including lift passes, equipment etc). A similar package with the van would cost about £800 (including ferry, tolls, petrol and 2 extra nights stopovers) at www.camping-samoens.com. However, driving and renting a cheap apartment is only about £300 more (£1,100).

Would love to go with the van, just for the adventure but it might end in divorce; wife gets cold overnight in this country - she'd freeze in the Alps
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts