Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 tsi dsg petrol 180ps

Feb 12, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone tow with one of these, who can give some feedback on the car please? Can only find diesel reviews. I tow 1500kgs currently with a Santa Fe auto.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think that Skoda only send the diesel out for reviews as that is the one they are pushing. I have towed with a lot of petrol engines and they manage but they need a lot more gear changing on hills due to lower torque figures. Given towed mileage tends to be far lower then normal driving it is just a case of if you are willing to put up with the extra work and higher fuel consumption.
The car is very new and possibly no one on here has towed with one yet.

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
I have a 150bhp Diesel DSG Kodiaq and tow a Sprite at 1355kg MTPLM.
Tows great but doesn't really answer your question.
Used to tow with a petrol Yeti which was only a 150bhp 1.4 and that towed well. Only swapped as I wanted the larger boot.
The petrol Yeti was much more refined.

Feb 12, 2008
Visit site
I approached Skoda to find a 2.0 petrol Kodiaq to drive located within a 60 miles and they couldn't find one. And I'm not far from their base in Milton Keynes...... I also asked if they had one in their press fleet to which they said they're not sure what I meant by press fleet.

Doesn't seem to be any confidence from the dealers that this variant will sell.

Sadly I've have given up with Skoda now for the time being as there is a lot of choice around.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts