skoda kodiaq towing capability HELP!!

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
From a practical standpoint the axle will not fail at 1Kg over its rating - 10% would at my guess be a reasonable overrating. An uprated van will usually take you to or close to the axle limit - as is the case with my Unicorn S4 Seville and it would be unsafe to do that if the axle failed within a few Kg of that figure.
I inadvertently overloaded a 1000 kg MTPLM Trigano pop top to near 1250 kg. The tyres were rated at slightly above 1250 kg as before I bought it home I’d had uprated tyres fitted, but that wasn’t because of an intention to overload it. In mitigation all I can say is that the public weighbridge in Brecon confirmed that my careful weighing of the payload was within 10 kgs or thereabouts. It towed well, no bouncing around.

Last edited:
Reactions: JezzerB
Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
From a practical standpoint the axle will not fail at 1Kg over its rating - 10% would at my guess be a reasonable overrating. An uprated van will usually take you to or close to the axle limit - as is the case with my Unicorn S4 Seville and it would be unsafe to do that if the axle failed within a few Kg of that figure.
If the manufacturer has done his homework properly, the axle limit will take into account a certain percentage of towing over unsurfaced roads and Belgian pavé. Under such conditions the dynamic axle loads will be a lot more than the 10% margin that you consider appropriate.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts