Skoda Kodiaq

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
The 80KG noseweight is rather low for that size car... I Struggle to get it under 90KG with ****** all in the Gas Locker and nothing under the front seats!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
The 80KG noseweight is rather low for that size car... I Struggle to get it under 90KG with ****** all in the Gas Locker and nothing under the front seats!

Must be a thing about Sprites as yours is a similar size to mine and most kit goes aft of the axle and a lot in the car to get 75-80 kg on the nose. As well as most installed heavier equipment being in front of the axle it’s all on the offside so quite asymmetric load across the axle. And I surmise that Alko split the axle bushes 50:50 at 650 kg per side.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:

Get the bikes on the back of the van and that will get the nose up a bit !! :p

May 7, 2012
Visit site
This car was tested in last months magazine and got a good report. Check the website to see if the report is on there now.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
otherclive said:
CustardAvenger said:

Must be a thing about Sprites as yours is a similar size to mine and most kit goes aft of the axle and a lot in the car to get 75-80 kg on the nose. As well as most installed heavier equipment being in front of the axle it’s all on the offside so quite asymmetric load across the axle. And I surmise that Alko split the axle bushes 50:50 at 650 kg per side.

Must be down the lighter materials used over the heavier Swift alternatives, the heavy stuff at the front isn't compensated by nicer doors/cabinets rearwards.

Except for the one (steel) gas bottle and Leveling ramp and a bucket the gas locker is otherwise empty. The Truma combi-boiler, battery box, fusebox and Sargeant electronics are under the offside lounge bunk - Kitchen is also forward of the axle on the offside. With clothing in the nearside wardrobes and the nearside biased fixed bed, this must help to balance it a little.

I do put the wastemaster under the bed and the spare tyre is under there (also Nearside biased). Currently using the Aquarolls (x2) to fine tune nose weight as the gas is 2/3rds empty. I have a plastic box for heavier items which also helps to add/remove weight.

@Craig - Sadly no bike racks as I don't have a bike!

Sep 10, 2006
Visit site
Hi , I have recently purchased a Kodiaq 150 diesel 4x4 5 door. I tow a van up to 1350 kg and find that I am getting around 33mpg when towing and up to 56 mpg solo. The five door manual kodiaq is in fact rated as having a noseweight limit of 100kg so no worries there.
Just remember when selecting your car that the seven seater manual is not approved for towing only the auto DSG.and also a noseweight limit of 80kg.
Great comfortable vehicle , enjoy.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
COLIN_5133685 said:
Hi , I have recently purchased a Kodiaq 150 diesel 4x4 5 door. I tow a van up to 1350 kg and find that I am getting around 33mpg when towing and up to 56 mpg solo. The five door manual kodiaq is in fact rated as having a noseweight limit of 100kg so no worries there.
Just remember when selecting your car that the seven seater manual is not approved for towing only the auto DSG.and also a noseweight limit of 80kg.
Great comfortable vehicle , enjoy.

Glad you like the car. A chap near us has recently swopped his Superb estate for one and is really pleased with it. Even the auto DSG variant with 80 kg towball limit can still tow up to 1600 kg and you would still be within the 5-7 % guide figure. Assuming of course that the cars rating is 1600kg or higher.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just for your information. The Eu directives on construction and use set out that if a car is rated to tow a trailer, the ball hitch must be able to sustain a static nose load of an absolute minimum of 25kg otherwise 4% or more of the maximum towed weight allowance of the vehicle.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
I recently test drove a 150 Kodiak, not a bad car but it wallows too much for me when pushed, wife didn't like the cheap looking plastic front grill, or the dash on her side, and was starting to feel car sick.

Ordered a Tiguan in the end.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts