skoda octavia 1.9 tdi

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Chris, I have towed for the last 2 years with an Octavia estate 90 bhp diesel, it is an excellent towcar the only downside being the rather low noseload (60kgs) which requires some rejigging of the load in my 2004 Bailey Discovery (mtplm 1156kgs). I am just about to order new Octavia which has a better noseload of 75kgs, so worth a look, otherwise you can't go much wrong with the older one. Hope this helps, Ian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Last May I opted out of the company car scheme and bought an Octavia 1.9 TDi 130bhp 5 door hatchback L & K.

So far in nearly 9,000 miles it has proved an excellent vehicle. The only downside is having to justify to the ignorant, buying a Skoda!

As far as towing is concerned, it is certainly the best tow car that I have had. This summer we went to France, as usual, and covered approximately 1,600 miles of which 1,000 were towing. Over the whole trip the car averaged over 31 mpg. It cruised happily in 5th gear (of 6 gears) on cruise control at 100/110 kph on the French motorways. Acceleration with the 'van on the back can be quite phenomenal!

I can only recommend it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts