Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone use there sky box in caravan my sky box will be out of contract is it worth taking or just a normal freeview box thanks for any advice I have a maxview 85cm dish just fitted but yet to use

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I use an old Skybox just to receive the free channels but a freesat (not freeview) box will do the job as well. I assume that you are heading across the channel, remember that if you're further South than Bordeaux you won't be able to pick up much.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
If your Sky box is still in contract then you will be able to get many more channels but sadly probably not the UK national channels (BBC1, ITV etc) due to the smaller footprint. Sky transmits on a wider beam.

European channels are (in most cases) on Astra 1 at 19.2E or Hotbird around 13E. You will find it easier to get them with a Freesat box (you can get them with a Sky box but it is very tedious) but if you don't have a Freesat box already wait until you get over there and buy a preprogrammed sat box from one of the big DIY sheds like Leroy Merlin. That will get you everything and are relatively cheap. Select carefully and you will get one that receives the UK and Irish FTA channels as well.

Do also remember that digital TV is now universal across Europe so you will be able to get terrestrial local channels as well through the aerial. Just remember to go into your TV setup and change it to France (or whatever) first as their transmission frequencies are slightly different.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
We got a reception on Sky box at Regensburg in Bavaria few days back. Last year we got a few UK programs on Digi Box in Southern Austria, Italian Slovenien border.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts