Sky Digi boxes

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
I am planning to get a sky digi box for the C van for my trips into France and beyond. Knowing how poor the electricty supplies are in France IE voltage drop, should I get a 12 volt box and use the vans battry as a buffer or is there a Sky box that will work on a reduced voltage as found on many sites. Any advice will be welcome, yes I know I must be sick to want to have a tv when abroad, but I will be living there not just on holiday.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Buy a second hand Sky box and an inverter as a 12v Sky box, if you can get one, will cost a fortune. As their consumption is very low, you should not have a problem with hookups. The TV will probably draw more juice.

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
David. If you have got sky at home, you could take that digibox(and remote & Card). This is what we did,(Grundig). I then bought another digibox(Pace...new,boxed from a dealer on E-bay, just for the van. Rrp is

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi David we have been using Sky boxes both analogue and digital for over 10 years in many European countries with no problem over electric supply.

You could use a plug in surge protector to be absolutely sure.

I got a Sky digi box for

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
To all who contributed

Many thanks, you have confirmed my thoughts, but I was unsure just how to overcome my perceeved problem. This just goes to show how these forums are of such value, and can save costs of equipment leaving more for the liquiud refreshments of a medicated type

Thanks to you all

Jan 8, 2006
Visit site
To all who contributed

Many thanks, you have confirmed my thoughts, but I was unsure just how to overcome my perceeved problem. This just goes to show how these forums are of such value, and can save costs of equipment leaving more for the liquiud refreshments of a medicated type

Thanks to you all
All we are planning to use a dish in Northern France for a long stay does anyone know whether reception is fine with a 54 cm dish? Thanks

Hi, David

I know there as been many replies to your post but I would just like to give you the benefit of my experience. Firstly as per my reply to Chris earlier, before shelling out have a look on www.satelitteforcaravans.co.uk This is a site operated by Caravan Club Member David Sullivan and is superb. It gives links to other sites some of which sell Satellite equipment at a good Price. I currently use a Pace Javelin 240/12Volt.Sky Box. This is advertised as no longer in production, however it is still available at some outlets. The cost is a bit steep at

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
To All

Thanks to you all for your help, I have now got a full kit( I think) thanks for your help and of course E Bay, A multimo dish and a Pace box all for less than

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts