sky tv for caravan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi folks looking for some advice on using sky in the caravan what do I need & is it easy to set up. Have tried freeview with roof mounted ariel but not much sucess .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Easy! Just have a look at www.whitedot.org and you will see what I mean. Enjoy!
No but its very tempting! Think of the fun you could have strolling around the site in the evening, better than watching telly!

Apr 26, 2005
Visit site
I've had no problems. I have a Pace set top box (from Leisurepower). It's 12v so you don't have to worry about 240v or inverters. I use an ordinary mini dish -

Apr 26, 2005
Visit site
thanks to all for the advice I checked out d. Sullivan website very good. OK next ? I;am in central scotland what size dish is recommed . I;am I better with a fold up dish our just a normal house dish . thanks again.
I believe in Scotland you'll need the bigger dish (90cm I think) I'm sure somewhere on David's website it has details.

I use an ordinary dish (like the ones on houses) purely 'cos it's cheaper. Some of the fold away ones are advertised for

Apr 27, 2005
Visit site
re message from david. i was in my caravan for 5 months last year and sky never said anything. i didnt tell them.

provided you have been a subsciber for more than 1 year you dont have to have the telephone line connected so sky dont know.

May 2, 2005
Visit site
stevefromthecabin... is right....but I have "multi-room" in the house so the phone connection is required. That said, when SKY sent me a letter a couple of days ago, I phoned them up to say that I always switch boxes off when I go away and that is why they cannot find my box on their system.( it needs reset...easy to do yourself).....Hope this helps.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts