skylight cleaning

Dec 7, 2006
Visit site
It must be obvious to most of us that caravan designers are not, themselves, caravanners. They seem to be designed to make it as difficult as possible to clean. Nooks and crannies everywhere. Tiny and unnecessary grooves and channels where only a toothbrush can gain access. I now need to clean the 3 rooflights which are a bit on the grubby side. Wiping the main part of the inside is ok and using my long handled brush to clean the outside is fine. However, the edges, particularly near the hinged end are practically a no go area. We have a Lunar with the very long rooflight. This only opens a few inches at one end and is therefore virtually impossible to clean all around the edges. Can they be easily removed? Any advice welcome.
Homer.

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I took out the two square ones on my Elddis last year after following a thread on here. It was very simple and they washed up a treat. May not be the same as your 'large' one tho. I didn't take out my large sliding/lifting front skylight. If you do take it out be careful when you tighten the screws holding it together as they are very easy to strip being anchored in the plastic and overtightening can also cause stress cracks.
HTH's

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
My Lunar roof is a swimming pool, seems that they cannot construct a rook with a very slight fall ! To clean mine I invested in a telescopic ladder which comes in very handy.

Dec 7, 2006
Visit site
Know what you mean about swimming pool. Learnt the hard way. After some heavy rain took the caravan off the leveler I was using and got drenched by the waterfall that came off the roof.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts