Sliding doors and other DIY

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well another years vanning ahead, and it seems another one of DIY fixes to my nearly new van.!!

I've got a 2006 Eldis Odysee 540 with a rediculous 45 degree angle sliding bathroom door. It just about worked before, even though the door does not fit in the runners on the top rail - but now it is very jammed.

I could take a day off work to yank it back to the dealers under warranty but I'd rather have a go myself. Does anyone have any ideas to free this slider up??

Other 'new' faults include a pushbutton wardrobe door that is jammed, an ill fitting locker, an external locker that works but you could open with a blade of grass, and of course the old dodgy left indicator.

I shouldn't grumble after all doors and lockers are at the very leading edge of technology and its extremelly harsh of me to expect them work faultlessly - just consider all the working parts? Equally the van was only serviced in October and not used since, so to be fair I shouldn't expect it to all just work should i??!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Graham!

How dare you be so unreasonable?

Don't you remember when you placed your order for your caravan you specified that you wanted:

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Your right it should go back, but its a 60 mile round trip and at least one half day off work. When i get there they'll say that they will order the parts - and it'll have to go back again to have them fitted. To be honest I cant be bothered so I'll fix it myself, then have them fix the next faults on the next service.....

Why dont the Japanese make vans?.....I still can't understand why you can buy a new car for 5k that works, but a van at 3 times the price and virtually nothing complicated in it all seem to have faults? I didnt buy a van so i could be a DIYer but everyone i know is always tinkering too.

Anyone got a Odysee with a working sliding door (replaced on the 08 model i notice.....)

Jan 9, 2008
Visit site
I took up advice of a caravan forum tip and added 4 extra rollers to the top of our sliding door, it had two before. It now glides neatly where before the rollers at each end pulled down on the track between the fixing points. Also the ends do not pop out any more.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts